Saturday, November 01, 2008

More Candy and a Mullet

We just got home from a funny little trunk or treat at the church. This morning, while running some errands in town, Jay had an idea for a costume. If you know Jay at all, you understand that his idea soon turned into his whole day. He's thorough like that. Remember the hand cart?

His idea stemmed from his Tony Stewart t-shirt that our friend Libby sent him last year. Add some Dale Earnhart "lounge" pants, a Dale Jr. trucker hat, a mullet and Jay transformed into a NASCAR Dad.

Ready to go and scare half of D-Town.

The mullet was really a Hannah Montana wig he bought and I suggested he cut it a little to make it slightly more masculine. He agreed, but I'm no stylist and ended up accidently snipping his long fake locks into an adorable bob. He held his tongue but I knew he was disappointed so I ran into town and found yet another Hannah Montana wig. We left this one as is and both agreed it looked just fine.

The trunk or treat was a huge success candy wise. In less than 20 minutes, all the boys had more candy than they had after two hours of pounding the pavement yesterday. They are all very pleased with their loot and I spent the evening not being a hater, whiner or strongly opinionated person. I just smiled every time Henry eagerly said, "tunk tee"


He really makes a very cute cow.


Instead of handing out candy, this fun lady had a cupcake walk for the kiddos. A nice alternative to sprinting from car to car.

Even Henry understood stopping on a circle when the music stopped.

Jay manned the van. He conveniently brought his OWN Tony Stewart camping chair, a remote control Tony Stewart car to chase the kids with, a Jimmy Johnson poster and a DVD playing the history of NASCAR. If it's his idea, there is no such thing as halfway for this man.

And now, I officially declare Halloween to be.....

OVER!




See you next year, W.T.

16 comments:

andrea said...

And this is why we all love Jay. You forgot to mention that along with the handcart came the Brigham beard. My all time favorite is still Jack Bauer. Why, oh why did you guys have to move?

{krista} said...

haha... love his costume!

Libby said...

One word-RAD!!!! I love it, and I'm glad that I had a hand in it. I love the Jack Bauer comment too because every time we watch 24 (which starts again in a few weeks-yeah!) I say, "Look Cor-it's Jay!" I promise to call you soon. We have so much to catch up on!!!

Tara said...

We had so much in common this year...mullets and Hannah Montana.

Looking great, Jay.

Anonymous said...

He would totally fit in at our family party. Way to commit Jay!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh gee, what a guy. He sounds like a capitalist...capitalize on one idea until it leads to more and more and more. Way to go, Jay, you made the day good for Lucy to boot.

donna said...

great costume. I may have to use it for next halloween.

Jen Childers said...

Looks like a fun night. Jay sure embraced the spirit of the night. The earphones added a nice touch, but was he able to hear anyting?:)

Anonymous said...

I loved this post Lucy, and your last one too. I have a love-hate relationship with Halloween. I actually love to take the kids around the neighborhood, but hate all the hoopla that leads up to it, and I hate, hate, hate when kids who are too old for trick or treating, are still doing it. Ugh. Halloween was three days long for us too and I was ever so ready for it to be over with. YUCK! Terry and I went to a party this year dressed as an E-male and it's Attachment. Funny.

Stephanie said...

Henry made a cuter cow than Clark...I think the lack of plastic udders on his costume helped.

Emily said...

Hannah wigs were $25 a pop here-- tell me you didn't spend $50 on Jay's hair! lol
Still think it's funny they did your trunk or treat after the fact, but Jay looks awesome.

Lisa said...

The family looks awesome! Look at that little cow (-;

jenny said...

That is hands down hilarious. Jack Bauer has come along way :)

Staci said...

I love Jay's costume!! It is so awesome!

Barb said...

Finally, a Halloween costume Ken would wear. I'm emailing him with this post right now. (He's in Denver for business)

Christi said...

Jay looks great. He could be our neighbor! We went to the beach for a week just before Halloween a town near where we were staying was having their mullet festival. We didn't make it to the festivities though.