Several weeks ago, Sammy used his time during Writer's Workshop (a center during class where his teacher leaves nice stationary on a table for children to write letters on) to write a letter to his dad. In his daily journal, he wrote about his experience. Due to it's extreme heartwarming quality, she copied it and sent a copy home for us.
(in translation)I gave my envelope. It said, "Dear Dad, You are the best dad I know. Do you love me?" Yes, I do. Then he gave me a hug. It felt warm and safe.
When I read this to Sam, he said, "I forgot to write, 'He said' before I wrote 'yes, I do.' Looks like they are teaching that sweet boy a thing or two in kindergarten.
Then, this weekend, he had a minor bike accident and our neighbor came to our front door to let us know that Sammy was hurt and crying down the street. Who do you think ran, and carried Sam and his bike home? His daddy. Who cleaned out his scrapes and cuts? His daddy. Who expertly put band-aids on every single ow-ie? You guessed it.
Nothing stops the tears quite like needing them to show you all their hurts for a picture. Try it next time.





15 comments:
Ahh! How sweet is that?
OK, this made me cry a little bit. So sweet!
Also, you have gorgeous floors!
That's so great. I love 5 year old writing. I love the sounding out and the handwriting. Glad Sam is a tough kid!
That is sweet. My SIL trained her kids to cry for daddy in the night. (This is a little more sincere.)
That must have been some serious bike riding to get that many owies! Sweet post for Sam and his daddy.
That must have been some serious bike riding to get that many owies! Sweet post for Sam and his daddy.
oh, the best hugs are given by dads.
Poor Sam! Those dad's sure are great.
I'm going to try the picture thing next time my kids get all banged up!
It is fun catching up on all your activities and what your family is doing.
Sam's a good little writer! Those are great sentences for a kindergartner and even better that they're sentimental as well.
Cute picture of the two of them.
Dad's are the best! I have one that runs to her dad for everything too.
Love the note.
Very sweet.
I can't compete with the dad around here either.
DADS are the best:)
I love the picture of Jay and Sam and the note is priceless. this post will be a treasure for your family.
Still to this day ALL of my kids want their dad and climb and jump on him. I LOVE it. Sweet post.
The post-injury poses are almost as priceless as the note.
Post a Comment