Monday, May 14, 2007

Storyboarding

Here's our weekend in pictures. Jay took the camera to the fathers/son camp out but says he's done with blogging so I'm going to post them. I'm also attempting a grass root campaign to save Jay's blog because I personally love how he writes and his perspective of things. Plus, every once in a while, I get a mention! So if you want him to keep writing, leave him a comment. Friend, family, stranger...don't be shy!...He's going to hate me for this. ;)


Seth hurt his knee on Tuesday and has been gimpy ever since. There is a big scab on his knee and I've no doubt that it hurts but he hasn't coped well. He walks like an old man and doesn't put any weight on that leg. I think it hampered his camping experience a bit.


Sam was always in the thick of it, plotting and scheming with his friends.


Pretty much anything becomes a gun or sword in Sam's masterful hands.


I don't know who brought the Cheetos but looks like Sammy started digging in. Sorry!



The camp was at a boy scout campground and I guess they had all of these tents on wood platforms already set up so no one had to set up their tents. Nice. I think it looks homey.


While the dads were talking, the boys found an old campfire ring and started kicking up the soot. They put on these #10 cans that were there for some reason but they used them in some sort of fantasy moon walk!


Another picture of the soot storm risers.


Breakfast in the morning with Alec and Reese. I think these boys are inseparable when they get a chance to be around each others.

The bishopric cooked all the food.


After eating, the dad's organized some impromptu games like races. Jay told me that our boys were the worse sports. Cried every time they lost. They made me so proud! Sammy is more of a defensive racer, as you can see here with his fancy blocking.


I guess Seth's knee cooperated enough for him to race. If Michael Jordan can win championships with the flu, Seth can overcome his pain for a ward race! It also looks like it's time for a haircut. He's starting to look like an elf from Lord of the Rings!


We had a nice mother's day around here. Jay was thoughtful all day and Seth was extra aware that I was supposed to put my feet up and receive lots of sweet nothings in my ear. When church is so early in the morning, it's hard to get those cuter shots when everyone is still kempt but here we are four hours later.

I told Seth that he should get all the presents because if it wasn't for him and his brothers, I wouldn't even be a mother. He thought about it for awhile and logically replied that we would have just had other kids instead then. No way. These kids were meant for me.


Mama loves her boys.

Jay and the boys got me flowers and my own nano! Now we have the three bears of ipods! Jay has the daddy bear, I have the mommy bear and.....jay also has the baby bear (shuffle). They are all so cute. I can't wait to get some of my own tunes! Sammy's gift to me from preschool was this framed picture. I love it.


The best gift of the day.

In related news, Henry decided to walk. He's been able to take steps for months now but this week, he turned it on and figured out that it can be used as a mode of transportation and not just to get that thing that mom and dad are luring him with. Enjoy his wobble.


17 comments:

Kelly said...

Look at him go! So you lure him across the room with scriptures? You guys are serious, we use things like Froot Loops and skittles.

You can tell that was a Father's and sons because if the mom's had been there for the soot storm it would have been Screaming Maniacs and sons. I wish I could channel the chill mood of dad's around the campfire.

The pictures are great. The Mother's Day boys are the best!

Lucy said...

What can I say? Froot Loops are so telestial and we're striving for the celestial, lady!

jenny said...

Gotta love boys and their imagination. Like Kelly said if the women were there it wouldn't have happened. Doug said the best thing about their campout was the great breakfast put on by the stake.

I am impressed you were able to capture such great photos post church we are untucked and stripping in the car on our way home.

Henry is too cute. I loved that cheesy grin he was giving. Glad you had a happy mother's day. I got a nano too. Woo hoo!

Jen Childers said...

Great pics. I hope Jay still blogs. I usually always leave a comment. Looks like the boys had fun. I almost didn't recognize that last pic of Seth. I love the Mom's day pics and yeah to Henry for walking. There's no stopping him now.

Tara said...

The campout looks like a big success. It's always a highlight for Caleb and he's anxious for ours this weekend.

You got some great mother's day photos. Cute boys and cute Mom!

We too have owned all bears of the ipod family but as you know, daddy bear was ruined by Natalie's mischievious hands! We've loved the Nano!

Happy Mother's Day!

andrea said...

Cool about your Nano. Happy Mother's Day. Looks like the boys had so much fun camping. I'm glad Jay could make it for the last year.

Hilarious about Henry.

Denise said...

Hurray for the nano! And Hurray for Henry. How cute is he?! What a cheeser. It sounds like a LOVELY mother's day!

Misty said...

Look, it's my boy! :) Dave had a story about Sammy when they got home. He said he had all the boys huddled at one end of a field and made up some sort of game where Dave's holding a stick that's supposed to be a gun and if the boys got up, they'd get shot and go back to the beginning. He said the boys were all scooting around on their belly's trying to get close without Dave seeing, when Sammy jumped up and started running towards Dave with his hand stretched in front of him. Dave said he tried to tell him he was getting shot to which Sammy replied "No I'm not! My hand is hitting the bullets out of the way!" and he ran to Dave. After that all the other boys stuck their hands out and ran to Dave, successfully ending the game. lol.

Elizabeth said...

What a cutie. I love that wobble. I am glad you had such a nice day.
That Hukilau song is a real one, still sung today.:)

hannah said...

Hi! I am always reading your blogs and linking through Jennifer's blog, and I finally decided to leave a message. You have the cutest kids and I loved the video of Henry walking. Too cute. And I love to read your book reviews - it's gives me some good choices.

donna said...

Look at Henry go!!!
What a fun camp out your boys had. Wonderful pictures.
Looks like you had a great mom's day

Jonathan said...

Looks like a fun weeked. Our campout is this weekend, but our's is just at the bottom of our hill. No "real" camping for our stake.

Glad you had a good mother's day. Looks like you got some good loot.

[alisar] said...

Nice pictures! The Fathers and Sons cracks me up. I remember my brother's coming home from one with a dead rattlesnake they had killed with a shovel. Don't they have testimony meetings and other "share your feelings" experiences at those things? Is there really ample time for hunting poisonous reptiles? I hope you had a nice, relaxing night without them - no doubt, though, that it is a relief to get them home safe and sound.
Love the mother's day pics too. You've got some handsome devils on your hands.

Victoria said...

Such cute pictures, I loved them! Looks like they had fun.

Jay said...

I was going to blog but you already posted all the pictures.

Maybe I could be a guest blogger on yours sometime, since I don't have enough interesting things to fill up my own blog with?

Kari said...

Oh what a cutie pie! I loved it when my kids *finally* learned to walk!!

So, the Fathers and Sons on Mothers Day weekend? Hmmm, don't know how I'd feel about that!! I loved all the pictures.

Spokane is so beautiful! Thanks for letting me get my fix on some of the beauty of that place!

Sounds like the boys had a good time camping!!

carlo said...

awesome that you all are putting up utube. i am lucky to get a pic these days. lol

loved your mother's day pics-- your 3 boys are so cute.

loved jay's pics/documentary of the dad weekend and ummm, soot storm?? oh no way on a mom's weekend. loved the cans though. creative!!