Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Baby #4



That is me on the way to the hospital for my ultrasound. For some reason, I really dislike pregnancy pictures of myself. I have very few shots like this, where I'm holding my belly, but I was trying to be cute and pregnant and felt happy so decided, what the hey. It might be the last one I take:)

It was so great to see baby this afternoon. I think the twenty-week ultrasound helps me to start bonding with my children. Before anything was even said, I teared up seeing the clear pictures of a head, a spine, a beating heart and little dancing feet.

For quite some time, I thought I'd have to leave the hospital without knowing the gender of our baby. It was curled up into a tight little ball and the tech was worried more about getting any good pictures than gender at that point.

Then, baby started the show. What a mover and shaker! Hands lifting up and down. Thumbs going into mouth. Feet performing a near Irish jig. What a personality.

Everything looks great. I'm so relieved. I'm also relieved that my subconscious really felt the same way my intellect did - that either a boy or girl would be wonderful.

Because, when the tech told me, I felt nothing but joy.

It's a boy!


My four sons:)

23 comments:

BAK said...

Congrats Lucy!! I am so excited for you. He will be the most loved baby brother ever. Ah, can't wait to meet little Sackett! :)

donna said...

Congrats Lucy.. That is wonderful news.....

Carolee said...

Congratulations!! I am very excited for you!

You make me laugh not wanting to have belly shots of yourself. I actually prefer to show my belly if I am taking a picture when I am pregnant. My face gets so chubby and my nose gets fat I like people to at least see that I am pregnant and that this is hopefully just a temporary look for me:)

Becky said...

Congratulations! And you look GREAT!

[alisar] said...

You look really great! Congratulations on your lucky #4.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Lucy! Why mess with a good recipe, right? And you do look lovely. Great day for everyone.

Emily said...

I love that picture of the boys (the one of you is very nice as well) Baber has a super cute profile already!!

Jen Childers said...

Yeah! Can't wait to meet baby Johnson!

Lisa said...

That's awesome!! What cute boys you make! Can we start planning some arranged marriages? LOL!

Stephanie said...

Yay for another cute nephew!
I think it is something pretty cool to be the only queen of the house.
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

So if Sackett is out of the running (and I really think you ought to reconsider), may we suggest some other boy names: Colt, Remington, Hoss, or Little Joe.

If there's one thing we Johnson's know how to do well, it's raise good-looking cowboys. - peg and family

Kristin said...

Awww... The picture of your four sons brought tears to my eyes. So happy that you and the baby are healthy and doing well. Congratulations again!! Love you.

Kristin said...

Awww... The picture of your four sons brought tears to my eyes. So happy that you and the baby are healthy and doing well. Congratulations again!! Love you.

andrea said...

Cutest picture ever! Love those boys. Your pregnancy picture was pretty darn cute too.

Kelly said...

I was never much of a pregnancy picture person myself, either, but yours is totally cute! Congratulations on 4 boys -- that picture is priceless, they look so excited!

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled for you. Your four boys are darling. By the way, my text that began with sorry... was referring to the fact that I accidentally hit send half way through the one before and had to finish my thought on another text. It definitely didn't mean "sorry it's a boy". I assumed you understood it that way, but just wanted to clarify. I LOVE boys, the more the better. And love the pregnancy picture!

Love you guys,
KariAnn
(I can't remember my blogger password:)

melanie said...

You look fabulous Lucy! I dread photos of myself pregnant. I haven't taken one yet that's even passable for posting. Maybe I should just suck it up.

I'm so happy for you! We can't wait for another boy. I know your new baby will be loved and spoiled beyond measure!

Libby said...

We are feeling the joy over here for you as well. Congrats! He's a lucky boy to have such awesome big brothers (and parents too of course!) Yippee!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Long live Queen Lucy! Hail to the Queen! Congrats on boy #4- he is going to be sooo loved up!

You look amazing. You look so happy and healthy and strong :)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Congratulations Lucy and Jay! What a fun surprise. I'm so excited for you.

Natasha said...

CONGRATS! So happy for you. Natasha

Michelle Alley said...

You look beautiful Lucy! So excited for you and your family :)

Christi said...

You produce cute sons, too! Congratulations. You look great. I hope you are feeling better. Love ya!