Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Land And Its Many Uses


Sam holding a baby lamb at an organic farm we visited with friends yesterday.


Pasture-fed pigs, which are a closer relative to the wild boar.


Henry chasing the chickens.


The one sales-pitch on the tour - the difference between their pasture-grazed chickens and an egg bought from Wal-Mart. The darker colored egg has more Vitamin A, E and Beta-Carotene.


An old school house built in 1908 that the owners of the farm recently restored.


Pretending they are at school.


Picking garden strawberries with Michelle and her two youngest for some fresh strawberry shortcake. The super-hero help was nice.


Henry was a good picker.


Jay is off today so I went exploring. Unfortunately, I picked a bad trail that dead-ended.


And the trail was muddy. But you should have seen my leaps and jumps. It was almost like I was on So You Think You Can Dance.


I love this land.

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You do live in a land of milk and honey, Lucy. I'm so glad it suits you and your family.

Love those eggs!

BAK said...

You look so happy. I love seeing you happy, friend!!

Tara said...

Strawberry picking is one of my favorite things about the month of June. We still need to go...

Fun trip to the farm. Those piglets are so cute.

It's so great that you can have so many hikes at your fingertips. It's Jon's favorite form of exercise, he would love that.

Cecilia said...

It is a beautiful land indeed! Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought your title said "LAMB and it's many uses" Heee.

That egg comparison is crazy- I never would have thought. I so want to go to a little farm like that.

I love the idea of you exploring on Jay's days off- it is such a happy thought!

Wendy Hill said...

The photo of the one-room school house brought back a memory of our visit to one when my oldest was in kindergarten. An elderly teacher stood at the front and instructed each child to sit in a desk and pick up their chalk and slate. He demonstrated how to draw a letter "A" and asked them to follow on their slates. Everyone held theirs up for the teacher to see. My child turned around to show me his: It said "my mom is A butt" - cheeky showoff!