Saturday, January 12, 2008

We're A Go!

Suitcase full of clothes that is more than likely missing one critical item? Check. *I only packed one shirt for Sam. I packed four pairs of pants. Argh!

Toiletry bag full of make-up, hair supplies, razor, toothbrush that is more than likely missing several critical items? Check. *Missing eyeliner, powder brush, brown lipstick, shampoo and conditioner. Went to walmart and now I'm dazzling again.

Snow clothes with a high probability of a little glove getting lost in the shuffle? Check. *I made it here with everything! Except I also packed Jay's gloves so that he had to go buy some new ones.

Movies, books and toys for the drive (and headphones so that I don't have to listen to TMNT more than once)? Check. *Batteries in headphones were dead and I didn't have any AAAs. Decided to listen to my ipod instead but my ipod wasn't fully charged and died after two hours. Not only did I listen to TMNT in its entirety, I also was favored with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Backyardigan's Super Spy. Fun for the whole family!

Comfy chocolate brown velour travel pants on? Check. *No problems here! I love my comfy pants!

Three kids? Check. *They're still around.

New (old) cell phone after breaking my last new (old) phone after losing my new (new) phone? Check. *New (old) phone couldn't be activated before I left town so I am off the grid. It's a little empowering....and quiet.

And we're off! All is well. I'll be back on Tuesday!


edited original posted dated January 10th, 2008.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

We always have a glove left behind!

Have fun. Drive super safe!

{krista} said...

I missed it, I don't know where you are going, but Have FUN and be safe!

Anonymous said...

Where you guys going Lucy? :)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

So glad you decided not to leave one of the kids behind, Lucy! Have fun.

Denise said...

Post detailing what sounds like my own packing life? Check!

Where are you going? I hope it's somewhere warm, although the snow clothes sound ominous.

Tara said...

Have a great trip and be safe.

melanie said...

You might find this surprising but the critical item I've left behind the last couple times was underwear! NOT ok and since you can't just buy them anywhere, I was in trouble. Now Milo checks on me before we leave. I hope it was just pregnancy dummies but I'm not counting on it.

Have a great time! Here's to a safe drive.

jenny said...

Be safe and have a great time!! We will miss you in blogland.

Amy said...

I'm so glad you're on your way! Will be waiting for details...

Barb said...

Have a fun family road trip!

Victoria said...

Have a great time!! :)

amy gretchen said...

Have fun and be safe out there.

donna said...

Have fun and drive safe :)

Oh and don't break or lose your PHONE. heeheehee.

Kelly said...

Be safe, good luck and pick out a winner!

Jen Childers said...

Glad you made it there safely. I'm excited for you to get a feel for your new surroundings! I have another phone you can activate if you want. Let me know. It's just sitting in our garage. You may want to get that repacement coverage insurance on that next new phone:)

Barb said...

I love the follow up format - no cell phone is empowering, and I also think it is what not-wearing-a-watch used to be 10 years ago.

jenny said...

Oh, bummers no shirts? At least you didn't leave Henry inside :)

Good luck with the house hunting. I was almost going to call your cell today, but it looks like you have a new number? Have fun!

Amie said...

I hope you are having a great time. Your post was very entertaining for me.

andrea said...

I'm all about packing light. Who needs more than one shirt anyway? Jason is usually the one that ends up short when I pack. You'd think he'd learn. Anyway, glad you made it there safely.

carlo said...

oh now that is fun to read. especially with the edits!

we always end up leaving things when we visit folks so my list would be full of those edits!

nic said...

This is hilarious. We went on a trip once and I packed one shirt for one daughter (we were going for over a week), one son had no pajamas, and a bunch of other missing stuff. My head wasn't in it. So funny. We love Target on the road!

Hope you had a good trip.