Friday, July 13, 2007

Thank You TMNT



Yesterday, my boys and I went through Sam's Club for the first time. It's less than a mile away from where we live and the Costco was at least 20 minutes away. So, we made the switch and I liked it! Maybe it's just the change, the novelty of the 2% difference between the two stores, but I was pleased with our outing. Well, except for the two packages of fresh blueberries Henry threw out of the cart that exploded onto the floor. Sam's Club....we've arrived.

One of the differences I noticed was a much larger selection of DVD's. And they weren't all in the mega packs either. Some were, but you could buy single DVDs for a fraction of the price they are at other stores. I picked up a super cheapee - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I didn't know much about it other than some of my good friends in high school dressed up like them for Halloween. I knew they had fancy Italian Renaissance names and obviously did some super ninja moves.

Seth and Sam love it. Completely mesmerized by the bad graphics and super creepy villans (like a big disformed pink brain). But, that allowed me to clean my entire house which was necessary because we have our very first house guests coming today. My sister, Jen, and her four kids are coming to visit for a week. Cousins, sisters....it's going to be fun!

I've been wanting to take pictures of my digs but it hasn't been looking like I want it to look before I do the big reveal. Now, I'm hoping I can use my super-efficient-genetically-related-but-far-superior organizing sister to complete the look. Put some things on the walls, maybe have a system for some of my closets (if there is an empty shelf, I just start putting things on it...but then there are just...things on it. It's not good.) So, hopefully pictures will come within the week.

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm looking forward to mine!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you got stuff done today and have a great time with Jen. I'm not jealous at all.

Kelly said...

Way to go Turtles! And welcome to the dark side, it is only a matter of time before you have Pokemon and YuGiOh babysitting for you!

"Sam's Club, we've arrived" You are so clever.

Kari said...

Good to know the differences in someone else's eyes. We are Costco snobs. I drive further to Costco to shop because I just like it better. Well, actually now they built a new Costco closer and so now it is closer than Sam's.

I have tried Sam's ONE time (you know those 1 day trial memberships) and it wasn't bad, but I just prefer Costco.

I'm glad you are content with Sam's!!

jenny said...

Remeber that song when we were younger Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles? It was a popular catchy tune. I haven't seen the movie, but we have the x-box game which is kinda fun.

We have both memberships (weird I know) but I like them both for different reasons. Have fun with Jen and the kids!!

donna said...

Have fun with Jen !

Elizabeth said...

I need someone to come help me organize. Sadly it is not the way friends and family want to spend their time while in Hawaii.:) Have fun!

Barb said...

I actually saw TMNT in the theatre with my younger brother. It was the rat doing ninja moves in his cage that was too much for me.
Crack that whip and get your sister to work! Looking forward to the pictures!

Rebecca said...

My sister works for Sam's Club. Has for years. She said their business plan was to do everything like Costco. Great return policy, great products, good prices? Sign me up!