Friday, July 27, 2007

Make New Friends, But Keep The Old...

I've been pretty social the last two days. Christi, my dear old friend from our med school days in Denver, is visiting her family and called me hoping to rendezvous. We met at Thanksgiving Point and enjoyed talking to each other in between chasing after our walking babies. She has two cuties and it was great to watch her being a mom. I wish we would have had more time together to catch up but it was great to see her for a few hours. That was as long as Henry and Tristan wanted our social call to last.


Henry and Tristan


Sammy making his fossil cast and Christi helping her daughter, Kennedy.


Mother and daughter


Sammy was very proud of his creation.


Lucy and Christi - friends forever


Today, I met a new friend, Denise, for lunch. This is the second opportunity I've had to meet someone I know solely through the internet. I have always found her humor appealing and her interests similar to mine so wasn't really worried that we wouldn't have anything to talk about. We met at Cafe Rio and I had a great time chit chatting with this great lady. So far, blogger hasn't let me down. Let's see if I can go 3 for 3 with the big party tomorrow.

We were going to go on the ward camp out tonight but we never got the information about where it was going to be or when it all started so decided to skip. Plus, I knew this was the last time for the next year, that we'd have the ability to exercise that option of not going. After this ward activity, we are in charge.

Happy Birthday Jenny!

6 comments:

donna said...

What a fun day. MY kids loves Thanksgiving Point .

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss you two! How fun for you guys to get together-and with kids!!! Love the pix. Hopefully one day soon we will all see each other.
Libby

Kari said...

Yes, I think you and Denise are very similar as far as I can tell anyway!! I know both of you through the 'net, but I see quite a few commonalities.

I hope you had great conversation, because I now know from experience what great food Cafe Rio serves! YUM!!

Denise said...

I enjoyed lunch, too. You have much wisdom, skipping your ward campout. Would that I were as wise!

andrea said...

Hilarious about the ward campout. I think you made the right choice. I hope you don't mind but I told the Porters about your new calling and what Jay said about you being Eric. They just about bust a gut as they understood perfectly well what I was talking about. Cheryl earned a few points in my book for understanding.

jenny said...

Well haven't you been miss social as of late? How fun to meet up with Christy. Thanks for the birthday wish!