Sunday, March 18, 2007

Eighteen Reasons To Smile Today

  1. Every closet in my house is clean and organized.
  2. It feels "springish" and my kids are enjoying the backyard.
  3. I'm pasty and pale once more. Thank goodness.

  4. Henry hasn't thown up in the last twelve hours.
  5. Even though I'm not at church, it's still the Sabbath and I can rest.
  6. Kindness, generosity of spirit and goodwill are found in abundance from my friends and family.
  7. Even without Rob and Amber, the Amazing Race rocks and will entertain me this evening.
  8. There is a good woman in my ward who will happily substitute for me at the organ. Even at the last minute.
  9. I feel a ray of hope that I will be able to complete my goals for March. Jen and I made a major dent this weekend and I felt the shift in inertia.


  10. From the upstairs shower (which I used because the master bath shower doesn't have a door or curtain yet) I can watch my kids play in the backyard. What a view!
  11. I'm neck and neck with Jay in our NCAA brackets.
  12. I shaved my legs for the first time in 11 days!

  13. Jay gets home today
  14. #12 and #13 are symbiotic.
  15. I'm really looking forward to the next month. I've got two trips planned, General Conference and Easter, which I love.
  16. I have something to cook for dinner tonight. And it's gluten free.
  17. Even though the new bathtub and toilet installation cost more than we planned, we still had the cash to pay for it. This cash budget really works for us.
  18. I've finally had some time to catch up on blogs and felt an old flame rekindled. I really love blogging.

12 comments:

andrea said...

Great list. I can't believe how much you accomplished this weekend. I like how your laundry room is off you master bedroom closet. I think it will be a selling point of the house. I would love to have my laundry room right next to my closet.

I am also excited for the AMazing Race tonight. Now it's anybody's game. Who will go tonight? It's probably non-elimination.

Tara said...

Looks like Jen needs to come to my house next! I'm feeling pretty jealous of those closets!!

Glad you were able to get a lot done and have so many reasons to smile!

Lara said...

What a great weekend you had! It is so nice to check things off!!!!

Kelly said...

Awesome list! Glad you are feeling better. Wow on the closets, I need to move, I need clean closets. You did all that just days post surgery?

Thanks for reminding me of TAR! (Although I peeked at a spoiler thread and know who wins, I just couldn't stand to watch if Rob and Amber were going to win.) It starts in 10 minutes and I would have forgotten!

Happy to have you back!

Kari said...

An abundance of blessings!! I'm so glad things are looking up for you and I hope Henry gets better really soon!!

I did not realize you were the ward organist. What ward/stake are you in? We were in the Spokane West Stake when we lived there.

I'm so glad you get your hubby home today, that usually really helps a ton!!!!

donna said...

I am glad you can smile again:) Your closet looks great.

[alisar] said...

Haha. I thought your wrote "#12 and #13 are symbolic". I was like, what????? What do cleanly shorn legs symbolize? A fresh start? Then I realized it was symbiotic and I enjoyed the comment even more. Have a great weekend :)

Carolyn said...

The house is looking good - you're looking good. Glad you're getting stuff done. I need some of your energy.

jenny said...

Hurray for all 18! Your closet looks dreamy--I would LOVE to have a walk in closet. I am so glad you are feeling better again and got so much accomplished. Double WOO WOO's for you!

Victoria said...

Sounds like things are getting better, awesome! Isn't is funny how something simple like shaving our legs can make us feel normal again! hee hee

Bridget said...

Wow! What a busy weekend! So glad the rash has gone away. Hope you have a relaxing week.

carlo said...

wow- what progress. what a way to be ending the month of march. WOOWOO. go lucy, go! i am impressed