I have been wearing some unflattering crankypants for the past few days. I just can't seem to shake them off. In an attempt to reverse my present mood into something more pleasant to be around, I thought I'd take President Monson's advice and see if I can't find an attitude of gratitude.
Things I am grateful for today:
- my swim buddy, Lori. We usually swim on Wednesdays but she was willing to swim this morning because I needed the exercise and the requisite chat in the hot tub afterward.
- My functioning kidneys. I picked someone up from their dialysis session this morning and the waiting room was so sad to me. It was filled with those waiting to be hooked up to a machine to do what mine do automatically and without pain or expense.
- Albertson's great sales on meat. Buy one get two free on packages of petite sirloin steaks! I saved forty dollars on that alone today.
- My sister, Sarah, who is fabulous and who is celebrating a birthday today.
- the opportunity to watch conference yesterday. I loved Henry B. Eyring's talk at the start of Sunday's morning session. I felt the Spirit strongly and looked over at my boys and we had a moment with real power. Then the choir sang a sublime arrangement of Dear To The Heart of The Shepherd and I felt whole.
- a brain to think about things (still thinking...)
- opposition in all things because as cranky as I feel now, how sweet my better mood will feel when it blessedly arrives (hurry!)


4 comments:
Now THAT is a sale on meat. Good for you.
My son-in-law is in the dialysis business. Like you, until touring the facilities, I just took kidneys for granted like I do air. Thank you kidneys.
I'm grateful you've been posting.
Always good to find things to be grateful for. Love ya!
I missed the Saturday sessions so just got caught up with Pres. Uchtdorf's talk a few minutes ago. I loved it and the reminder to focus more on the simple things. I love that your gratitude list does just that--lists some of the simple things to be grateful for. It really can be hard to see some of those things sometimes.
Yay for workout buddies- I miss mine!
I really like your last point- something I don't think about often but really is such a fortunate thing!
Post a Comment