1) Tire store puts winter tires on car. Tire store, in their haste, rips off tire pressure valve. Tire store apologizes, says ordering in part, will call when part comes in. Tire store never calls. Customer figures that after a month of waiting, she'll just have gauge replaced when snow tires are switched back with regular tires. At appointment, tire store claims ignorance about torn off tire gauge. Tire pressure sensor still all aglow on my dashboard.
Competent or incompetent?
2) Rental company in charge of home rental comes to inspect tile damage in rental home kitchen. Rental company sends tile repair man to estimate repair. Tile guy never to be heard from again. At inspection for a lease agreement to be re-signed, rental company inspects tile damage in kitchen. Renters inform, "This has been neglected for a year now." Rental company apologizes, claims to have new tile guy, and calls later that afternoon to set up a window of time when tile guy can come the next day to inspect damage. Renter says "between 10:30 and 1:30." Tile guy never comes. Tile guy never calls.
Competent or incompetent?
3) Renter hires out house cleaning responsibility to cover bases for lease inspection. Woman with business cards push pinned into neighborhood mailbox area claims to be a professional house cleaner with 30 years of experience. Renter calls "professional" to clean home the day before the inspection. Renter has house picked up, leaving only cleaning to be done. Renter tells professional cleaner about problem spots, including windows with little hand prints all over them. Woman claims to have never cleaned windows before. Renter also shows stainless steel refrigerator with hand prints all over it. Professional cleaner doesn't know how to clean stainless steel. Renter leaves for errands for five hours. Renter returns to find woman finishing mopping but with the excuse that she didn't have time for the stove or microwave, which haven't even been wiped down. Renter says, "bummer" but pays professional cleaner agreed amount. Renter then walks through house to discover the dining room table and chairs still dirty, only sliding glass door windows cleaned and floor underneath dining room table having remnants of dried food. Later finds piano hasn't been dusted, TV stand hasn't been dusted and floor mopping is unsatisfactory. Renter re-mops floors, including getting the mess under the table removed and wonders why "professionals" aren't better and faster than her.
Competent or incompetent?
4)Renter schedules carpets to be cleaned with recommended company. Renter foolishly dismisses carpet cleaning company's offer to come by and do an estimate, as time is short. Carpet cleaners come and clean 861 square feet of white carpet, which now looks amazing and has a one year guarantee. Carpet cleaners move furniture, leave a bottle of spot remover, a magnetic marker board for refrigerator, notepad, pen and next day sends a thank-you note and message on answering machine hoping their service was satisfactory. Renter can't respond to any messages because she is still in a state of shock after paying carpet cleaning company over $500 for their service.
Competent or incompetent?
5)Mother agrees to sons playing outside, as long as older two boys keep an eye on little brother, as he tends to wander. Mother, in her defense, is putting together mother's day gifts for the four women she visit teaches. When older two sons return home, mother asks, "Where is your brother?" Nobody knows. He's not around our house. He's not around our neighbor's house (where he normally is because they have a swing set AND a sand box. She cannot compete with that). Mother walks over to neighbor's house because with a swing set and sandbox, he must be there. Neighbors outside doing yard work. They haven't seen little boy. When walking back in the direction of her own home, mother finds her little boys walking out the front door of neighbor's house. Mother picks up boys and wonders if she should confess about her son's breaking in and entering. She doesn't.
Competent or incompetent?
Person with the most correct answers will be rewarded with referrals for any company mentioned above plus an all-expense paid afternoon with Henry. As an added bonus, he's right in the middle of being potty trained! No purchase necessary to play:)
Monday, May 11, 2009
Competent or Incompetent - That Is The Question...
Posted by
Lucy
at
1:22 PM
Labels: Henry, My awesome parenting skills, My Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Rough goings on over there! I can't believe that about the cleaning lady- I mean did she think you wouldn't notice?!?!
Oh man! I can't decide which story is the worst. $500 dollars on carpets blows my mind. I'm glad they look good, though.
I've definitely had the very same incompetent parent moment--more than once, more than twice. Remember the time the stranger entered my house uninvited because my young toddler was found alone outside the house? I may have you beat for that Mother-of-the-Year Award! :)
I would be flaming mad if I had to clean up after a 'professional'. Sorry you had to do that, what in the world took her 5 hours?
I love, love your last paragraph. An all expense paid afternoon with Henry. You are so funny Lucy! I just loved this post. Sorry it was mostly about woes. All except for the clean, white carpet.
Oh dear... it sounds like a rough few days. I hate cleaning ladies... why don't they just do a good job? I would be in shock about the carpet too, at least they did a good job (if we are looking for positives).
Did you get the inspection you needed for your lease after all that? I can't believe it has already been a year!
Cute new blog. I haven't been here since you changed it (I hope that isn't an embarrassingly long time...).
I wouldn't have told them about the breaking and entering either. Are you wondering about what kind of mess she may have found when she went inside?
Oh my, Lucy. Why do all the strangeties happen to you? This one wasn't even entertaining because so many of the situations were purely maddening - especially the "professional" cleaner. Yikes!
Post a Comment