I am an all or nothing kind of person when it comes to setting goals. My family members reading this will already have a smile on their faces because they know EXACTLY what I did today. And I did EXACTLY what I said I was going to do. I can't help it. If I'm going to try, then I'm going to try to be better in all ways.
So, I exercised (T-Tapp LadyBug standing workout), read my scriptures (1 NE chapters 17-20), cleaned the downstairs (vacuumed, mopped floors, scoured stovetop, kitchen sink to a shine), made all of the beds, put a load of laundry in, put dinner in the crockpot, took my kids to the park for a picnic and now am rewarding myself by blogging. Trouble is, when I'm all annoyingly perfect like this...I have no idea what to write about. Um...the park was delightful. We played football and I was even that mom in the song "I'll Build You A Rainbow" (minus wearing an actual football jersey although both Seth and Sam were wearing them. Oh...and minus dying at the end). Now, Seth and Sam are doing art projects, Henry is napping, and after this, I am going to make a spinach dip for Sarah to take to a bridal shower tonight (act of service) and then read.
So...this isn't bad. Why do I rebel against this lifestyle? Why do I already have a sneaky suspicious I won't be so bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow?
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Day One - Perfect So Far
Posted by
Lucy
at
2:20 PM
Labels: My Days, New Effort, video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


23 comments:
What a wonderful day you had. Way to go lucy :)
I need to get back to my laundry, picking up my house and making a meal for a friend :).
So the question is did you have time to relax??? Way to go--umm you put us all to shame. Go Lucy!! You inspire me girl.
You're a hoot. I go in spurts, too. It gets tiring being so gosh darn amazing after a while.
;)
he he he! I am cracking up over the you tube of I'll Build You A Rainbow. I only got about one minute into it before I had to stop the playback. It brings back too many memories of being 10 or 11 and bawling my eyes out every time I heard the song.
I am dying over your new effort. It is great. I LOVED Sister Beck's talk. I keep listening to it over and over again. I think it is one of the best talks I've ever heard. I'm with you on the overachiever effort. Karainn and I have repented over VT and did all our appointments today. It feels so good to get that over with at the beginning of the month.
It wouldn't be very realistic if we kept up that momentum EVERYDAY! You're so funny, though! I go in spurts of cleaning and accomplishing it all, and then doing absolutely the bare minimum!
Whoa, Lucy. You're on a roll. I'm proud of you.
I had one of these days too. I almost blogged about it and then decided I better not (the behavior doesn't usually stick around long). I am excited to hear how you are doing it all.
Glad you had a great day (with many hours left)!
I linked over to you from Jill. I love that video! It always makes me cry though. Thanks for the good cry. It makes me want to try and be a better mom.
Sounds like you are a great goal setter/executer!
That is how I approach exercise. No moderation.
Somehow, I missed out on that video in my youth. Seriously depressing.
Glad that your day wasn't seriously depressing. Good for you for doing all your essentials for at least one day. You can't do it all the time because no one likes a superwoman after all.
I like the label 'new effort'. I always have to 're'new effort's'. I do well for awhile, but then I let things slide again.
Love the video tie-in.
And even if you're not sure what to blog about, I still enjoy it!
Hopefully tomorrow you'll get cut off in traffic, witness something x-rated at the park, find shoes in the toilet and attempt a visit at the post office!
Your last post was a great one. I missed the first of her talk. I will have to go read it. These are areas I need to work on also.
Holy cow, that's a little depressing, but very sweet. Good thing families are forever!
So I have never seen that video and it is hilarious- am I a bad person now? The cheesy guy talking though! I mean really? Yikes.
Way to go being so productive! I feel the same way when I have a day like that- what to blog about? My mom has this quote on her fridge- "Dull women have immaculate houses" and sadly I have kinda lived by it lately...in that I am not dull, therefore my house sucks. sigh.
you are so awesome, lucy!
wow...
Good for you! So inspiring!!
Loving this train of thought! Keep us posted on your progress. BTW, you are so awesome for getting that motivated from her talk - I didn't get any of that. Complacency I guess.
I steadfastly refuse to click on the video. That song made me cry as a kid, imagining losing my mother. And it makes me cry as an adult, imagining being the mother.
But kudos on the rest of the post!
The song isn't the same without the "beep" everytime you are supposed to click to the next picture on the film stip projector. Ahhh, this brings back great memories of early morning seminary, which this was created for.
Oh, and rumor has it that people are glad that you aren't like the other moms going to fashion shows and playing bridge. Why, you probably don't even know how to play bridge.
Anonymous friend
Lucy, you are so real. I totally relate to everything you're saying in this post & your last. It's my own vicious cycle really. Women's Conference on Saturday truly impacted me, making me think about what I make priorities in my life. I'm almost scared to watch conference this weekend because I always (almost) want to run when I know the spirit is speaking to me of change. Yikes!
Post a Comment