I went here today at the invitation of sister Jen.
The Good:
- getting to see sister Jen, of course.
- cousins getting to play together for a day.
- watching crazy Sammy in the water. He's a fish.
- watching scardy-cat Henry be brave in the water. Apparently, drowning is not nearly as scary as going down stairs or walking.
- watching Seth and Sam do happy dances when their bowling balls hit any of the pins. (which had a very high likelihood as the bumpers were up)
- watching Seth hug himself trying to stay warm in an INDOOR water park because the child has zero percent body fat.
- keeping Henry content in the baby pool when all he wanted was to crawl into the wave pool.
- standing in line to order greasy amusement park food for a half hour while holding a crying baby.
- losing a really nice neoprene life jacket. (thieves!)
- having the stake high council representative over music (who is my age...maybe a few years older) come sit next to me and visit while I'm sitting in a white plastic chair, dressed in my miracle suit swimwear, trying to position myself to minimize visible cleavage. It wasn't a super relaxing moment for me.


10 comments:
I wish we could have gone with you.
I just discovered tonight that Costco has $25.00 gift cards for $18.00 and that the entertainment book has a buy one get one free pass so maybe we can do triple play for a lot cheaper than I thought.
I love the ugly. Nothing worse than making small talk with a high councilman in your swimsuit.
You so make me laugh:)
It looks like such a fun place. My kids would love it. I am glad you were able to see Jen and the kids were able to play with their cousins.
Looks like a lot of fun. I have a scardy cat who doesn't mind darting in front of cars. Love the Ugly. I guess if the HC guy didn't mind than neither should have you, set the cleavage free!
Fun to see cousins and Jen.
There is nothing more uncomfortable than speaking with people from church in a bathing suit. It does make for good funny blogging though :)
oh wow. good thing the good things were so good, eh?
eekk. swimsuits in general but making small talk in a swimsuit? Yuck.
your posts are always so much fun to read. i love the way you break it down for us
hey lucy, have you had a chance to read shopaholic and baby yet? if not, email me and i will send my copy, via kellya, off to you! :)
let me know since I know you have tons of free time these days and probably need a fun book to help you overcome your boredom...
My kids would love that place! I still need to wrap my mind around the idea that swimsuit season is coming up. I have been so unmotivated lately with the whole ankle injury.
Happy Easter!
Oooh I didn't realize Spokane has such a place. It looks SO fun!!
HAPPY EASTER Lucy and family!!
I hope it's an especially good day!
*shudder* Church and swimsuits should never mix. Ever. They shouldn't even be typed in the same sentence. You have my deepest sympathies. On the up side, that looks like a very fun place!
Post a Comment