Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another One

This story is years old. My sister Jen used to bug me to write it down and submit it into Reader's Digest as one of their humor things but I never have. Here's my attempt at writing it down...

While traveling with my barely four year-old son, Seth, and my one year old baby, we stopped for a potty break in the airport bathroom. Seth was used to his little toilet seat and was a firm believer in the sit down method (much to the chagrin of his father) and large toilets scared him. I helped him balance on the seat and when he was through, had a turn in the stall myself. When he saw me on the toilet, he said loudly and with great relief, "Mommy, you don't have to worry about falling through! You have a big bottom!"

I never really thought about the upside.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Always a favorite. I've shared that story several times myself :)

andrea said...

You know how I feel about Seth. He is such a great kid! And thank goodness he hasn't tried Bud Light.

Jen Childers said...

I still totally think you could win $50 for submitting it to some parenting magazine. It's a classic!

Anonymous said...

Precious! If only I could stay this positive about body image. I'm going to remember that one when my jeans won't zip!

Anonymous said...

I have had some great laughs this morning at your family's expense...LOL!
That sounds just like some lame things my kids would say too.

I have a funny story but I don't know if I should say it publicly. What is your email addy Lucy, I will email it to you. :P

jenny said...

I think all three of my potty trained kids have told me that a time or two. Gotta love kids and their bluntness eh?

Kristin said...

Very funny!! I have had many a humilating comment shared by my kids from a bathroom stall in a crowded restroom. So classic!

I love your new blog layout! Cute family picture.

Donna said...

Funny!!!! that is a great story.

Lucy said...

Dana,

I have no idea if you'll check this but my email is:
lucyhj4302@msn.com

Hope to hear your shocking story:)