I set out on a quest this morning. Seth was on the bus and we were out the door by 8:45, showered, dressed, fed and ready. It was time for Henry's haircut and I had found a kid's haircut salon in the yellow pages way up north. I dropped Sammy off at preschool and drove across town looking for this salon. I forgot the address but was hoping to find it with with my memory and good eyes. No luck. I drove all the way up to the "Y" (that's basically the end of town) and couldn't find it. On my way back down, I stopped by Sonic to get Jay a grape creamslush as an unexpected pick-me-up. I drove over to the hospital with Henry and surprised him. I told him about my fruitless haircut quest and he looked up the location for me. It was right past the "Y". I was almost there! Argh!
After that, I drove up to the dollar store and got a bunch of stuff for Seth's first grade valentine's day party that I am co-in charge of (I'll call you Alisa!) and noticed a beauty supply/salon right next to it. I went inside hoping I could get Henry's hair cut there. They don't usually do kids hair but agreed to do it. It's not perfect because he was wiggling everywhere but he looks so grown up.
After! The guy who cut his hair took this picture and it's all blurry and he didn't use the flash. Oh well. I was holding Henry the entire time so couldn't get any pictures of the actual cut. Which was the point of finding that kid's salon.After the haircut, I went grocery shopping and then to pick Sammy up. I got home, parked in the garage, opened the door to my dining room and yelped. There was a strange woman in my kitchen washing my dishes!
For the last two months, I have been having someone come and clean every other week. They do the whole house, including making the beds, for $50 and I knew it would really help me. I'm not the greatest housekeeper but having someone come and do all of the cleaning keeps me on top of the picking up. It has to be picked up for them to clean. So, twice a month, my whole house is clean for usually a couple of hours (sad, but true). I don't know how clean freaks do it. Unless they just clean all the time which I have no desire to do.
Anyway, I wasn't happy with the two girls who were coming. I might not be a great housekeeper but I know what clean is and I know what sloppy is and I wasn't going to pay for sloppy. I called to cancel the service and the owner of the company offered me a different cleaner, someone who had worked with her for 10 years. I agreed to try someone else but cancelled when she was supposed to come two weeks ago due to my washer/Sears woes. When the owner had asked me if Tuesday was alright, I figured it was just for that one time as I had requested Wednesdays originally. Well, I guess Tuesday is my new cleaning lady day. As I wasn't expecting her, I had left all of my breakfast stuff out (I was out early!) and clothes all over the place. Really, there was just stuff everywhere...my makeup, toys, laundry to be folded. Horrified, I explained to her that I wasn't expecting her until tomorrow and I in no way expected her to do all of the picking up. I think they were a little afraid of me from my earlier complaints. She had picked up everything and done all of my dishes. My bathrooms are sparkly and all of the beds are made. I have lots of things to put away as she just picked stuff up and put them on tables and dressers in neat little piles but overall, my house is clean. And I'm not beet red anymore either.
This afternoon, Sammy and Seth both have dentist appointments, home to make pork chops for dinner and then off to financial peace tonight! Can you stand the excitement?



11 comments:
I love his hair! So grown up. I think that's so funny about your cleaning lady. At least your house is nice and picked up:) Have a great afternoon.
What a coincidence, I set out today to drive to Canada . . . uh, I mean Kids Kut, but didn't have time between Cherubs and nap time, so settled on Great Clips. Adam did okay, but Kids Kut is definitely more fun.
Cute pics. from this post and your last.
Well aren't you just the busy lady. Sounds like you've had a rather productive day, and more to come. I've officially lost all energy and am house bound, can you believe it. So I'm really impressed with your hustling all around town and to the border and all. Henry looks adorable, can't wait to see him in person.
The hair looks great. What a cute boy he is!
I love that picture of you and Henry. So cute. Woo hoo for the cleaning lady! If you are referring to us clean freaks (me) yes I do clean all day and it's not that I really desire to, but well, I guess thats why they call it OCD. Anyways, enjoy the evening. We actually have a financial meeting on Friday in our ward.
Cute hair and laughing at your "yelp"( I would have as well). Much more productive day than mine!
Cute Henry!! I'd love to hold him--wiggles and all. Love your pictures.
lucy--I left a comment yesterday but for some reason it didn't post.
The story about the cleaning lady is CLASSIC. My house is always a complete wreck if I have to leave first thing in the morning. I would have been just as shocked as you were. But how nice to have a stress-free cleaning day (besides the initial embrassment).
Henry's hair looks so cute. I can't wait to see him in person.
I love the haircut!! Oh to have a cleaning lady!! I am seriously jealous. You'll have to fill us in on all your new found financial knowledge! :)
That's a killer deal on a cleaning lady. You couldn't get a two bedroom apartment cleaned for that here.
Plus, bonus! Now you know she'll clean up the mess before she starts cleaning so you don't have to work as hard to prepare next time! (I totally clean before the cleaning lady too.)
Cute haircut, I love little boys in fresh haircuts! And you were very sweet to drop off the grape slush. Security at my husband's office is tighter than Fort Knox, no grape slushie surprises for him, I'd love to do it though.
cute, cute haircut!!! We have ladies come in every other week to clean (my MIL's gift after #4 was born) and it's heavenly! I don't know how I'm going to live when I have to give it up. Sounds like your house was spanking clean!
Post a Comment