Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sare Bear

Total phonetic spelling but that's what we call sister Sarah. Or just bear. And it's her birthday! She's not very excited about it but I wanted to wish her a happy day. Of course, she'll read this tomorrow when it's the day after but offically, I posted this on her big day.



Sarah loves to travel and has been to Europe and China. She's at the great wall with Mom.

What a great person to have in your corner. Sarah is a giver and a nurturer. She can't help herself but sacrifice whatever to make whoever a little more comfortable...happy....cared for. If you mention that you really like her round brush...she'll give it to you (I think I've gotten two!). Come to stay with her...her bed is yours. Have a baby/bridal shower, wedding reception, graduation, reunion...she'll easily drive 500-600 miles to be there. She is a friend in every sense of the word. She's a blast to hang out with. She gets the giggles and her eyes start to water (always) which makes me laugh. She'll tickle my forearm if I'm sitting next to her because she knows I love it. She's a tough defender on b-ball with her zealous boxing out. She's a great aunt. My kids love her because she loves them. She'll change their diapers, feed them, give baths and put on pajamas - I love my wife!

Sarah and Henry


Sarah and Owen

I wish I could have my make-up look like hers. I remember the days she'd want me to do hers but those days are long gone. I'm still pretty much doing my make-up the same way I've always one (which is so sad...but I don't know what else to do!) but she's total glam. To quote KT Tunstell, "you can see she's a beautiful girl, she's a beautiful girl."


Maureen, Mom and Sarah

Hope you had a fabulous day!


Love ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lu! I had a wonderful birthday- You're the best. Love ya, Sarah

jenny said...

What a nice tribute to your sister. Hope she has or had a great birthday.

andrea said...

Lucy,

It's funny that we have two siblings with similar birthdays. My sister is September 5 like your brother and my brother is on Saturday, close to sarah's. Hope she had a great birthday.

Andrea