
Margaret Atwood seems to be a genre of her own. I know serious readers seem to love her but I'd never read any of her work before Alias Grace, the story of a woman serving a sentence for a murder committed when she was sixteen years old.
To be fair, I read this really quickly in order to be able to contribute at bookclub and I just haven't retained a lot of the details. I think I liked it but there was something about the structure of the book that made it slightly unlovable. Interesting but not page turning.
It did, however, introduce me to a gifted writer and I'm interested in reading her other material.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Book Review - Alias Grace
Posted by
Lucy
at
5:07 PM
Labels: Book Review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
oooooh...I hope you read more Atwood! She is my favorite writer!
You were one of the "serious readers" I was thinking about. I know you love her. I'll have to find some courage to tackle another book. Do you suggest anything in particular? I'm most familiar with the titles A Handmaid's Tale and The Blind Assassin.
Also, why is she your favorite writer? What does she do with her stories that you find so great?
Post a Comment