How coincidental that these two blog events arrived at the same time! My original intention was to list 50 things that I've learned through blogging, but the post really wasn't flowing. Way too much waxing philosophical about things that really....everyone understands already. Instead, I'm simply going to copy what I did for my first blogiversary by listing my favorite posts from the last twelve months. These are the posts that I'm eternally glad I wrote; the posts that I sometimes have to re-read to remember just how glad I am that I wrote them down in the first place.
Exotic Names
Horseshoes and Hand grenades
Blasted Endorphins
Even Better Than A Ceramic Racoon...or Two
Patio Dining
Highs and Lows
PG-13
One Thing
Balance
8 Random Things
I Can and I Should, So I'm Going To Try
Saving My Life To Death
Houston, We Have A Problem
All of My Myanmar/Thailand Trip posts
Publishing A Whiny Post, Even Though I Know Better (See? I'm so glad I did!)
The Magic Is Gone
Genesis
O.K...Now I Know
Life In The Village Is Pricey
Book Review - The Book Of Mormon
A Trial Separation
Granny Speaks
Like Father, Like Son
A Chorus Girl
How and Why
Hero Worship
Any Other Flaw Would Do
A Bedtime Story
Conversion
Horseshoes and Hand grenades
Blasted Endorphins
Even Better Than A Ceramic Racoon...or Two
Patio Dining
Highs and Lows
PG-13
One Thing
Balance
8 Random Things
I Can and I Should, So I'm Going To Try
Saving My Life To Death
Houston, We Have A Problem
All of My Myanmar/Thailand Trip posts
Publishing A Whiny Post, Even Though I Know Better (See? I'm so glad I did!)
The Magic Is Gone
Genesis
O.K...Now I Know
Life In The Village Is Pricey
Book Review - The Book Of Mormon
A Trial Separation
Granny Speaks
Like Father, Like Son
A Chorus Girl
How and Why
Hero Worship
Any Other Flaw Would Do
A Bedtime Story
Conversion
Hmmmm...that's kind of a lot, but If you consider that I wrote 245 posts, it's not so bad. I'm so glateful I have these! I love knowing how I felt about whatever topic...that day! Because, truthfully, those feelings change. Some of these posts could not be written now. It's a snapshot in time...or a keepsake of a past memory that will last forever.
Who knows what's up for year three? Will I still be blogging? If you haven't realized yet (and I'm guessing there's only a few of you out there who might still be in the dark), I'll just go ahead and bring you up to speed....I'm kind of a drama queen. Certain things seem like a really, really big deal sometimes. And, if you can believe it, turns out they only sometimes actually are. So, we'll see if I can save this blog from myself. :-)
Who knows what's up for year three? Will I still be blogging? If you haven't realized yet (and I'm guessing there's only a few of you out there who might still be in the dark), I'll just go ahead and bring you up to speed....I'm kind of a drama queen. Certain things seem like a really, really big deal sometimes. And, if you can believe it, turns out they only sometimes actually are. So, we'll see if I can save this blog from myself. :-)
Happy Blogging!!


9 comments:
Happy New (blog) Year! These are also some of my favorite posts of yours, plus look at all your creative titles.
Happy, happy and Congrats!
You do have the best titles! I loved just reading over the list.
Happy anniversary -- can't wait to read this year's adventures.
"save this blog from myself"...oh Lucy how very funny. I'm so glad you've given us those snapshots of your life, too. Happy Anniversary to a Great Blogger.
I too love that blogging is a snapshot in time.
happy 2 years!
Wishing I had time tonight to dig into your favorites. I will. I promise. Thanks for sharing them, since I feel like I only recently met you (lots of the titles didn't ring bells, so I have a good night of fun ahead of me - when I get an open evening).
Hope there's many more years in you!
happy blogiversary! i've got a major milestone post coming up myself, and can't make a decision on how to commemorate.
I am SO glad you decided not to hang up the shorts. It really would be black hole in the blogging world. Congrats :)
Post a Comment