On Saturday, I headed to the local farmer's market in a hopeful attempt to pick up some pretty fruits and vegetables. Once I arrived, at 11:15 am, I realized that if you want to actually buy food, you need to get there earlier. Much earlier. As I was meandering through the converted parking lot, I could only find about one bunch of radishes or parsley left for sale. There was still plenty of goat milk fudge available, not to mention an ample selection of organic cotton clothing, beeswax products, tributes to all things Jamaican and some pretty (and expensive) pottery, but not a good selection of the veggies I came for.
So, we left and headed on over to get some lunch at.....
McDonalds.
I'm pretty sure not many other visitors at the farmer's market followed up their market shopping with a happy meal. If only someone made organic Transformer toys.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Not Exactly Organic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Ah- this has me laughing. Goat milk fudge...that sounds repulsive and I even enjoy goat cheese.
Farmer's markets are worth getting up early to me. I always find some great things and new things to stretch myself in the kitchen. Once my garden is mature and everything is ripe, I don't know if I will go as much. But I hope you return!
I need better examples like you to live around. I just head to the grocery store. Hey, at least McDonalds keeps some of us happy right?
I love our farmer's market because I don't grow myself and the fresh homegrown stuff is so much better. When I miss out on the produce I went for, we buy a snow cone (or cookies or cotton candy) and head home. A Happy Meal works too.
LUCY! More than twenty years ago we were penpals... and even way back then you were a fun writer! Your blog is so fun to read and your family is beautiful! It's probably been more than a decade since I've seen you, but I recognized your profile picture on a comment you left on another blog (of a gal who is friends with a friend of my friends sister... or something like that).
As you can see on your Live Traffic Feed, I've been reading your blog all morning! I am Ballston Spa, New York - and your cousin (once removed) Natalie!
Glad to find you...
This is so me!
I try to feed my family organic food and things from our garden one day only to go through the drive through the next day.
Moderation in all things.
Post a Comment