Wednesday, February 14, 2007

10 Things I love about....

Henry


  1. He smiles with his whole face.
  2. He's got the greatest little button nose.
  3. He looks for me wherever I am.
  4. He likes to clap his hands.
  5. He puts his fingers through his blanket and wraps himself in it.
  6. He'll flirt with anyone.
  7. He's generally a good sport with his smothering older brother.
  8. He's only interested in expensive gadgetry. He's all about technology.
  9. He's cute with his mullet - and I thought it was out of style!
  10. His blue eyes.
Sammy



  1. He's got a lisp that he's working on. He can say "ssss" if he really focuses. So if he is trying to say any word the right way, he puts a long "sss" on the front it it even if it doesn't need it.
  2. He usually doesn't complain about wearing his glasses even though I know he'd rather not.
  3. He snores when he fakes sleep.
  4. He plays "I Love You More" with me....and usually wears me down.
  5. He's tough.
  6. He pretends he's driving when I drive.
  7. He likes to sing.
  8. He's a great little dancer.
  9. He's my gopher during the day.
  10. His got the best big brown eyes.
Seth


  1. He's a self-titled Math Wizard.
  2. He's honest. Always.
  3. He gave his two "big" valentines from his package to Heavenly Father and Jesus.
  4. He'll try anything I make.
  5. He's passionate about what he likes.
  6. He's sensitive.
  7. He follows instructions.
  8. He always remembers to pray.
  9. He's fun to shop for. He'll talk about his new...whatever...for days with great zeal.
  10. He's a great example for his brothers.
  11. *edited for one more - it was too good to omit* He thinks that wars must have stopped today because "who would fight on a love day?"
Jay


  1. He's the best storyteller in the world.
  2. He never criticizes me. Ever.
  3. He's willing to drive crappy cars so that I don't have to.
  4. He writes poignant poems for me.
  5. He looks hot in pants (which is a good thing since he wears them everyday!)
  6. He knows a lot about a lot but isn't a know it all.
  7. He makes me laugh out loud.
  8. He's a hands on dad.
  9. He does his best to do the right thing, always.
  10. He's in love with me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great valentines!!! I love your writing ability.

jenny said...

Great post lucy! I love all the things you love about ALL your boys in your life. I got your package today. I was SOO excited. You must have heard my conversation earlier this week, I was just telling Angie I wanted another Grey's Mix of music. And the Groove is awesome! You made my day--it couldn't of come better like you said. Thanks a million!

Jen Childers said...

You have a great family. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

Amy said...

You are so creative Lucy! I love all your posts. What handsome boys.

Tara said...

You're so lucky to have such great boys with lots of lovable qualities. Glad you had a good Valentine's day!

Lara said...

What great things to say. More importantly - how wonderful that you have such great people to write about. I love your family. You have the greatest kids. It has been fun to see them grow up so much - especially Seth, he went from being a baby to a real boy.

Jonathan said...

10 things I love about Lucy:

1. She liked to play football with me growing up. Remember the trick plays?

2. She'll always be my kid sister.

3. I can puke on her in a third world country and she'll still call me her brother.

4. I could always count on you for a quick bike ride to Green Meadow Market on a late Sat night.

5. You're fun to be around.

6. Who would I kereoke Silent Lucidity with?

7. She met a great guy in Jay who takes good care of her.

8. Bump, Set, Spike!

9. You can boogie with the best of them.

10. You are my sister and my friend.

carlo said...

Lucy, this post says so much about you, while you talk about your family. I love this post! and I love that your brother wrote a message to you. Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Donna said...

What a great post!!!!! you have one cute family.

[alisar] said...

Such a sweet post! It's so good to sit back and think about specific things we love about our families.
Thanks for the reminder!

andrea said...

Loved the post about Jay and the kids. You know how much I adore your kids. I loved Seth's comment about Iraq.