I have so many things to catch up on and so little time so this blog won't be very fulfilling to me but if I don't get them down then some of my thoughts will be lost forever. Bear with me.
On Wednesday, I went to a discount store that I have heard carries most of the Costco returns. It's a warehouse and not pretty but they do carry mostly Costco things. I found a six-pack of Halloween candle holders for only $4.99. Now, I am not a seasonal decorator. I'm not even a decorator decorator if you really must know. I have lived in this house for 4+ years now and still don't have a single picture on my bedroom walls. I have neither the sense nor inclination to spend that much time putting things up or down every few weeks. But these were such a good deal and I thought, "How hard could it be to display these on the piano or dining room table for a few weeks." Bought. Still in box though.
Thursday, I went grocery shopping and there was a large box full of various squashes. Fancy, unusual kinds. Last year, I picked up a bunch of gourd at a U-pick farm and it made a nice fall display on my table. Thinking on those same lines, I put about 5 different kinds of squashes into my cart. I saw $.69 on the box and thought it to be an affordable, organic decoration. Also...remember....I was fancying myself an interior decorator due to my Halloween decor purchased the previous day. Of course, at the checkout when the large, orange squash got rung up and the price for it was over 8 dollars, I realized that it was $.69/pound and that my new fall decorations were going to be a bit pricey. $20.00...for what I picked up for about $3.00 last year. This is so classic me I had to post about it. But the squash is so much prettier and less deformed than the other stuff. There are also cooking directions on each one so I could always have a squash feast as well.
Jen and Christopher have season tickets to the shows in Spokane with 2 other couples and so she just came to my house after the show and we drove over to Seattle together on Friday morning. We left shortly after 8:30 am and our first stop was in Bend to shop the outlet stores. We had so much fun there. They have great stores...GAP, GAP Baby and Kids, Eddie Bauer, Osh Kosh, Carters. We realized at 3:30 that we needed to stop shopping and leave for the airport to go pick up Maureen and Sarah. We picked them up and met Jon, Tara and their kids at Claim Jumper Restaurant. I hadn't eaten anything but Shredded Wheat all day so I ate my Lettuce Wraps with gusto! After dinner, Sarah and her friend Jana, Jen and I went to IKEA and shopped some more. After IKEA and realizing how much money I spent, I felt a bit sick to my stomach and told myself that there was to be no more spending money the next day. Sarah and I went and sat in the hot tub at the hotel and then we went to bed.
Saturday, we did T-Tapp in our hotel room and then Sarah and I went and worked out in the hotel's fitness center. After breakfast, we checked out and went to Bellevue Square. It's a very upscale mall with all of the "nice" stores in it so I couldn't buy anything. We had fun wandering through some children's clothing boutiques but I don't think I could ever spend over $50 on a pair of 6-12 month jeans! Even if I could afford it. Well...perhaps then, but I couldn't believe some of those prices. I needed shoes so I hit all of the shoe stores. I went to Nordstroms first and after looking at a few of those prices quickly left the store. I ended up in JC Penneys ( I have no idea how that store hasn't gotten kicked out of the mall yet...it's like the ugly stepsister of the entire mall) and I found a pair of black ankle boots there for a fraction of the cost of some of the other's I'd seen. We ate lunch at Chipotle where I had to forego the tortilla and sour cream and cheese but it was still so yummy! We drove into Seattle and found parking and then waited for everyone else to arrive at the theater.
The musical Wicked is so good. I'd rank it right after Les Miserables as all time favorites. It is far better than the book. So clever and it pretty much makes the same point as the book without all of the religious and political rantings that started to bug me. The music is good, the set and costumes are fun and the story is very, very entertaining. If you have a chance to see it, it is worth the effort and money. Afterwards, we ate at the Cheesecake Factory and Sarah and I shared the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake. Divine! Then I drove home and got to my house at 11:30 pm.
Jay was asleep with Henry in our bed and I put him in his crib. He felt warm and he had an awful night. Jay woke up and told me he and the boys had made a movie for me. It's a 11 minute slide show put to music of their weekend. Jay set an alarm on his watch and took a picture every 10 minutes the entire weekend (well...when the boys were awake). It's priceless. I included a some of my favorites. I wish I could somehow have the whole 11 minutes because the transition from picture to picture and the music he selected is what makes it so good. Fantastic gift.
Light Sabers! An every day occurence.

Henry was sick the next day but it was the primary program so we all went to Sacrament meeting and then I took Henry home. Seth did great and it was relaxing to watch the program as a parent and not as the person in charge. I had done the program for 8 years in a row! I got caught up on some of the shows I missed and tidied up a little bit. The house is pretty much a disaster after the weekend which I can totally relate to so I have some work to do today to get ready for our trip.
That's it. I hope to get Sammy's glasses today. Seth is so mad that he has to miss soccer this week but we have a fabulous hotel in Phoenix (Pointe South Mountain) that he is going to have a blast at! It's like another mini summer vacation. So, another hiatus from blogging. I'll be back on Sunday!














1 comment:
Wow quite the traveling one you are! How fun to go to the point (very cool water slides,etc. Too bad we weren't living there yet. We could have met up with you.
Okay I am drooling literally about all the restaurants some of my fav...claim jumpers, cheesecake and chipotle and yummy thai!
My favorite picture is Jay's personal one with the time and of course the throwup one. Did Seth take that? What a great gift too bad you couldn't of posted it.
Post a Comment