
This is Seth's new phrase. I first noticed him saying it last week. I admit I smiled to myself. Lamented a bit about the continuing loss of his innocence but knew that he is still such a pure little boy. But then he seemed to be saying it alot and I felt I needed to parent and guide him to better phrasology. So I told him that perhaps he could say something else during those times that "what the...." came to his lips. I suggested, "huh?" or "hello!" But he kept saying it. I mean, he has absolutely no idea what most of the world finished that sentence with. So I mentioned it to Jay and told him to notice when Seth said it next.
When Seth said "what the...."it for the first time around Jay, we both chuckled and then Jay asked him why he said it. Had he heard it on a T.V. show. At school? What deliquent corrupted out son? He smiled and responded, "It's what mom says."
I honestly had no idea that I said that. Ever. Oops. At least I stop after "the..." Nothing like teaching by example. Now what other bad habit is he going to pick up on???
Saturday, July 15, 2006
What the.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Connor is saying the same thing right now!! How funny. Started with, "what the heck" (I told him that was rude). So now we are hearing "what the..." several times a day as well.
Hey! Kyle is saying it too!!!!! (he turned 5 in March) What's up w/that? Little copycats
(ps. hi! I'm Emily's friend. she told me to start stalking your blog)
Wow...comments even. I'm blushing!
Wow...comments even. I'm blushing!
Post a Comment