I did not remember 12 of 12 on the 12th until about 3 pm. So, these are not great pictures because many are simply "this is what I did" pictures to capture the chronology of the day. One of these months, I'm going to do this the right way!
I woke up feeling motivated to eat better than I've been eating and thought a refresher read of this book, which is pretty good, might help. I skimmed it for 15 minutes or so and remembered that it is hard.
Still, I went grocery shopping with motivation intact and didn't buy foods that I consistently say are for my kids (oreos) and then eat them myself (animal crackers).
The vast majority of the day, which is probably why I didn't think to take any pictures until 3 pm was because we finally spent time on our yard. I have taken the past 2 years off (pregnancy and newborn phases) and our grass and trees were in sorry shape. Jay was Mr. Lumberjack and was chainsawing the trees along the driveway that hang too low and the boys and I raked and pruned all day long.
I had a major battle on my hands when I insisted on piano practice. Spring break meant many practice free days in a row and none of enjoyed me being the enforcer once again.
My healthy eating plan included getting some ground turkey out of the freezer to make taco salad for dinner.
This boy loved being outside all day but still managed to find a bit of fun inside. He is making the "vroom" sound of cars.
The FedEx guy dropped off a tank of bull semen in a tank of liquid nitrogen. Of course, Jay wasn't home at the time and I'm like, "What do I do with this?"
Long days and bad habits meant the ground turkey went into the fridge for dinner the next day and Sam, Henry, Daniel and I went to Serious Texas for dinner. Hunger, fatigue and healthy eating aren't always friends in my world.
Jay took Seth to his first PG-13 theater movie - 42. He's seen a few at home with us but we thought it'd be fun to celebrate his new status by taking him to a decent movie on the big screen. Of course, if he goes, that means our baby sitter goes too so only one of us could go so Jay kept me in the loop with a few texts before the movie started. Sam will be old enough to watch everyone at night in a year.
During Daniel and Henry's bath time, I noticed Henry saying, "Dammit, dammit, dammit" over and over. I've heard him say, "Damn" once before and talked to him about using good language over swearing (he's seven!!!) but apparently this word has gotten into his brain. So, I told him I wanted him to have a negative association with swearing and if I hear him using unclean language, he was going to get a teaspoon of hot sauce on his tongue. This would not be punishment for me because I love this stuff but it was quite a wrestle before I managed to get that little bit past his clenched teeth. His lips tingled for awhile but he was never in pain. I don't even think Cholula is that hot compared to other hot sauces. Anyways, he's the first kid I've had to discipline over swearing. Daniel still isn't really speaking and now I fear Dammit will be his first word!
OK. That's only 10 pictures. Considering how many over 12 I posted last month, I'm working on the law of averages here, I guess.





4 comments:
It's always fun to see your 12 on 12's Lucy and see the trivia of everyday life.
Yup. Hot sauce works for all kinds of bad things ;0)
Yup. Fatigue, hunger, and healthy eating don't like each other much in my world, either.
Did 42 end up being good?
There's no polite way to say this, so I'm just gonna blurt it out: I cracked up when I saw the order of your pictures. "Bull semen, what do I do with this?" and the next picture...you're drinking something out of a cup.
Sorry to lower the tone of your entire post. ;-) Sometimes I'm a twelve-year-old boy at heart.
P.S. I'm the absolutely worst at having my kids practice piano, let alone remembering to give them lessons. Extra pathetic for a former piano teacher. It's hard being the enforcer!
Blech, Denise! Ha ha.
I almost peed a little about the "dammit" part of this. I'm sorry! But oh so funny!
Post a Comment