
Kissing your grandma in Montana
This weekly counting is getting a little more difficult. Today was the first time that I had to think, "How many weeks old is Daniel?" At some point during the last two weeks, I have switched over to aging you in months, although I'm going to continue to take your weekly photo for your first year. At 14 weeks, you are getting closer and closer to consistently sleeping through the night. I have stopped dreading evenings, wondering how your mood will be and how many hours of sleep I will get. I'm noticing your pattern and you like to sleep! If only we didn't have anywhere to go.
You nap best in the morning. Unfortunately, that's also when I like to exercise but during this week, when I haven't made it to the gym, you took a long three hour nap every morning after being awake for nearly two hours. You also like your afternoon nap but it's length is less predictable. You love your thumb. In fact, you have a chapped index finger from it sitting against your wet, slobbery lips while your thumb gets all the attention. I hope your skin adapts because it looks like it hurts. Still, I love that you have a means of soothing yourself to sleep.
You had your first airplane ride! We flew to Montana to visit your grandpa and grandma for four days. You really woo those around you with your infectious smile and coos but watch out when you're mad. Even when you're mad, sometimes I still smile because your mad face really resembles the bitter beer face from those commercials of old.
I think I'm your favorite person. It's easy to be when time and food are on my side but it's still heartwarming to watch you track me across the room and smile and laugh when I catch your eye.
At 14 weeks, I'm a pretty big fan of yours.
Monday, March 26, 2012
Daniel - 14 Weeks
Posted by
Lucy
at
6:59 PM
Labels: Daniel, March Madness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wow Daniel is 14 weeks, he is getting so big...
Can't believe he's getting so big and old. Love that you were able to spend time with Mom and Dad with just Daniel. Precious memories.
like!
I think it is so great that you went up to spend time with your folks and let them know Daniel.
I want you to know, too, how much I appreciate your book reviews. It helps me make choices.
Post a Comment