A couple of days late, but only because I have been busy. And, yes, that includes busy working out:)
The last week of February fit perfectly into a month that was wacky and inconsistent. As much as I enjoyed the weeks when the weight seemed to come off effortlessly, in spite of traveling or eating poorly, I knew in my heart of hearts that I would not, could not last. And it did not.
I missed the second hour of exercise on three of the five days, Monday through Friday, for various reasons. I only did a 35 minute treadmill workout on Saturday. I ate quiche and cake at bookclub. And my car broke down on Saturday, and all of my emotional eating demons came out to taunt me while I was stranded at home, missing my choir concert. All things considered, when I stepped on the scale on Monday to discover that I hadn't lost any weight, but hadn't gained any either, I felt disappointed but relieved.
We also did our measurements and that was a little more encouraging. I didn't lose nearly as many inches as I did in January but I am five inches smaller than I was a month ago, and I'll take smaller in any number. I also dropped another 3% of my body fat, so I'm heading in the right direction. It's just crazy how sneaky my own sabotage can be.
Nevertheless, I am determined that March becomes the month where I turn the corner leaving my insecurities, my demons, my old habits forever behind me. The Biggest Loser is being offered for one more month and I'd be a fool to deny that the program has been a powerful source of my success. Sadly, only myself and a sixty-year old woman are continuing on and so the program will change significantly. With only two of us, the trainer has decided to essentially split us up and have us working individually with her a different times, while the other is doing something cardiovascular, probably on the treadmill or elliptical. For the past two days, I've been the only one in class, so after spin is over, it's just me and Kim, her and her perky fit self pushing me to do more push-ups, deeper squats and just ten more seconds in the plank (I still hate hate hate this exercise. I'm sure it's mental but at this point, if I never had to do it again, I'd be a happy lady). I know this is going to be awesome. I mean...essentially, I am getting personal training for an hour, five days a week. But, it's also hard having the eyes on me the entire time. There's no going half-way. I feel too guilty not using her $50 an hour time, that I am getting for a lot less, to its full advantage.
I should point out, however, that she's invested in seeing me succeed. Today, in between tricep sets, she again told me about her desire for me to become one of her Zumba instructors. Now that I know the full story about how she started her business and how her trainers have come to be trainers, I see that I fit the mold. All of her trainers, but one, have been former clients of hers. She's still trying to build her business and thinks having someone like me, who found success through her business, would be really good for business. She uses the term inspirational, but I see it more as savvy marketing. I'm not being critical at all. I adore this woman and truly feel like her encouragement and positive energy have made a huge difference in me wanting to stick with her program.
But, I saw first hand yesterday how she plans on using me. I attended her Pilates class, which was filled with very fit women who were all clearly regulars. It was a really hard class but I was mostly able to keep up. At the end of the class, while we were stretching, she said, out loud, "Lucy, do you mind if I introduce you?"
Having a feeling where this would go, I was tempted to say, "No" but I'm a pleaser so I said yes.
"This is Lucy and she has been doing my Biggest Loser class. How much weight have you lost so far, Lucy?"
"Twenty-three pounds."
The class all whooped and cheered and I blushed. THEN she said, "Did you see how well she did in here? If you could have seen her only two months ago, you would be amazed by how she has improved and how far she has come."
Again...applause. I know she didn't mean it this way, but I felt like she was saying, "Let's hear it for the big girl!" No, really, she really wants me to have success. Almost as much as me. It just comes out a bit embarrassing sometimes. I know she wants me to be her internet girl. That means pictures, numbers....all of it, on her web site. I don't know if my gratitude and enthusiasm for her program means I want the world to see my stomach stretch marks, however.
Till next week!
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Biggest Loser - Week 8 - February Results
Posted by
Lucy
at
2:34 PM
Labels: Biggest Loser
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm really excited to hear about all the hard workouts you have this month! You have done so great! Like I said... now you know how to maintain... you just don't quite want to be at that stage yet :)
Yea! Here's to more weight and inch loss! Can't wait to see the newer you!
Post a Comment