How much do I hate it when these Biggest Loser posts are my only posts for the week? A lot. It's my personal goal to leave this post up on top for less than a day. That means I need to write some book reviews, recap our very mellow Spring Break or really stretch and try to turn into words some of the things I've been thinking about. We'll see.
I'm happy to report that after three weeks of seeing the same number on the scale, I have a new number. I'm down 4.4 pounds from last week. It's good.
Do you ever do that unwinnable math game, though, when you project what your average...whatever...is into the future and expect that number to be your reality? It happens to me all the time. When I'm saving for something (if I put this much away every two weeks in this amount of time I should have X amount saved) or driving (if I'm going this fast, I should arrive at X o-clock). It rarely works because things happen. Cavities need to be filled without dental insurance, which makes a chink in my savings plan, or someone's got to go to the bathroom or road construction or I get behind a tractor-trailer and my average speed slows down. The same thing has happened to my weight loss projection.
For quite awhile, I was on a three pound loss a week average. Obviously, if you've followed my progress at all, I don't have many three pound a week losses. Some weeks, I have big losses and some I have small (or none) but I've been able to hold on to that three pound average. Until now.
At week 10, I am down 27.4 pounds It's close, but my average is shot. In my head, I'm thinking, "Week 11, I should be down 33 pounds," but that means I need to lose close to six pounds this week and I think that's unlikely. It's time to let my mental average go.
It was a great workout week because my sister, Jen, did my Thursday, Friday and Saturday workouts with me. I can't even describe how fun it was to have a buddy there. She was a star and willingly went to Spin AND Zumba with me (twice) even though she had never done those classes before and wasn't looking forward to shaking her groove thang. Still, I loved having someone to make eye contact with when the push-ups got tough, a fun song came on, or the older gentleman with poor flexibility made an already awkward move almost uncontrollable giggle worthy. I love my sister.
Now she's gone and it's back to the grind. I have three more weeks of Biggest Loser. Three. That should be nine more pounds (Or. If I lose four a week I'm right back on track with my average). Ack! Must get that out of my head.
I could do it, though. Right?
Monday, March 14, 2011
Biggest Loser - Week 10 - The Law of Averages
Posted by
Lucy
at
9:43 AM
Labels: Biggest Loser
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Of course you can do it... but even if the scale does not agree with your average, you have rocked this program!
Ya know, Lucy, all this means is that you're not average -- and I already knew that. =) Rock on, wonder woman!
Muscle is heavier than fat! You are getting stronger every day, and while you are still burning fat, you are building muscle! Don't discount that in your calculations :) I know I weigh more than I look like I do for just this very reason and it is why my doctor told me to not take my BMI too seriously with my body type. BF% matters more than the number on the scale.
Three weeks- you are gunna rock it Lucy!
Hey that's a good number and I can account for how good you look and how strong you are! I agree that workouts are so much funner with someone and I LOVED working out with YOU! Have a great workout week :)
I think Denise's comment is noteworthy . . . and funny.
I count my chicks before they're hatched all the time, too. I'm glad to know it's really called "projecting my average." I'm going to remember Denise's comment next time I get discouraged.
Yeah, you could definitely do it. But the let the averages go because this is a success story any which way you look at it! :)
Post a Comment