Friday, February 20, 2009

My Prize

I'm feeling better! Right around 2:00 this afternoon, some kind of fog just lifted out of my head and I felt...like me again. Only with a bad cough. And really, really bad hair ( I fell asleep with wet hair after my shower).

And what do I have to look forward to with my renewed strength and energy?


Mess #1:

Mess #2

Cleaning sandwich crumbs out of the fireplace:

Finding things that Henry has placed all over the house:


Cleaning Henry's room:


Being a drill Sargent and making the boys clean their room:


Washing my sick bedding and making my bed:

Not to mention about five loads of laundry.

Yay for health!

I am actually glad to be feeling better. It is almost a Shakespearean tragedy when mom gets sick!

17 comments:

andrea said...

I feel your pain. That is exactly what my house looked like yesterday. Little messes everywhere. It's amazing how quickly it can fall apart. I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Dad said he wished you lived closer and he would come and clean your house! Notice that I didn't.

jenny said...

As Doug would say the messes can wait. Health is definitely more important especially the woman of the house. Glad you are feeling better!

jenny said...

I am cracking up at your mom's comment. Carl to the rescue!

Lucy said...

Mom - you're funny. I love your wit. And dad's skill with a rag:)

{krista} said...

It's amazing what kids can do to a house when a mom isn't right on top of things to put a stop to it! I'm glad you're feeling better.

melanie said...

Oh the little treasures that await when we are feeling better! I'm so glad you are and I hope you didn't overdue it in the cleaning department!

Your mom is funny! And I love Henry's smile, he's so proud of his messes!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Prize indeed. I'm sick for you now. However, seeing that look on Henry's face in the first shot is pretty darn cute claiming his kingdom.

donna said...

OH Henry's smile is the best!!!!! What a cute kid.

Libby said...

Hmmm-I wasn't even sick and my house somehow looked pretty similar by the time we all went to sleep last night. What's my excuse? Glad to hear that you are feeing better.

Tara said...

What a prize! I'm so tired for you.

I cleaned my house yesterday and it's already a disaster again today. And I wasn't even sick.

I'm in the middle of preparing my homemaking lesson for my YW and reading quotes that say things like, "Homemaking is what you make of it." Really? With messes like we moms have, is it really possible to make our "prizes" seem like valuable and noble tasks?

Good luck with your messes. Glad you're feeling better.

Lisa said...

Loose I wish I was there to help you!

Amber said...

That looks like about the worst prize ever. I say you have family clean up day. Glad you're feeling better though!

Lara said...

So glad you are finally feeling better. I wasn't well yesterday - and today I am paying for it!!!! Dishes and stuff all over galore! For moms it is just not good to get sick!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better! And know all too well the war zone that awaits when I have been feeling sick because no one covers for me on a sick day. Henry sure does look pleased with himself :)

Elizabeth said...

SO glad you are feeling better! It is daunting when the whole house is messy.

KariAnn said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, the flu is so miserable. You're right on about the Shakespearean tragedy!