With Sam and Henry's birthdays both falling in January, we had our fair share of celebrating last month. Here are some pictures of the festivities...including a few other snapshots that didn't make the blog cut:)

Grandma and Grandpa were going to miss Henry's birthday so they dropped off his gifts before heading out of town. Grandma always thinks of the perfect toy. Henry loves his John Deere bucket with a shovel and two tractors.
Cut it out, Seth.
Henry loves his grandma.
A few days later, when my parents came to town to take care of the kids while Jay and I were in Utah for his surgery, we had his birthday party.
My mom's birthday was the day after Henry's, so it was a cake for both of them. For some reason, Sam can't stop touching Henry.
So did Uncle Vaughn, Aunt Patty, Derek, Delanie and my parents. It was a great party.
Henry got a potty! He doesn't love it, even though he looks all cute and happy here. Hopefully soon. Like sometime this year...
On one of the days where there wasn't a birthday or birthday party, Seth had his first basketball game. He's the tallest kid on his team (though not the most aggressive) so stood in for the tip off.
More typical of Seth's style of play - happily spectating. Notice coach Jay in the background. I got him some trackpants and a whistle to complete the look.
Then Sam turned six. Here's another Gluten-free cake decorated by moi. Unfortunately, I'm unavailable for hire at this time.
Happy Birthday to you!
Everyone eating cake. Sam immediately put on the Broncos jersey his dad got for him.
He is capable of eating with utensils, but again, a child of mind decided to just stick his face in his cake.
Time for birthday spankings. Henry loved this part.
Sam's birthday party on Saturday. I didn't realize the lens on my camera was dirty so all of the pictures are etheral blurry. Here all the boys are playing "Darth Vader Says." Think "Simon Says".

This game really didn't work. The boys were supposed to be having light saber training and using them to keep the "dark force" off the ground (black balloons). this lasted for about two minutes before the boys just started jumping on the balloons to pop them. If only they knew what awaited them next.
More balloon popping! The Sith team had to destroy the blue balloons and the Jedis had to destroy the red ones. Sam started to cry shortly after this because he couldn't pop any balloons. It's almost more fun than I can stand.
Then we went outside for a Jedi training course. First, they had to navigate their way along the planet Mustafar (all lava) by only walking on the rocks.
Then they had to come down the skywalk.
Then they had reflex training (catching a ball after it was bounced off of the garage) and flight training around the universe (tricycle around the round-a-bout).
Presents. So fun.
Pizza. I tried to come up with a catchy name but it was just...pizza.
Sam's cake. I ordered it from a grocery store bakery and it was as gross as it looks. The party favors were one of these figures to take home.
After the party, Sam built his lego helicopter. Yes, Kool-Aid was served at the party.There you have it. We are offically partied out.









17 comments:
OK, so I know you're not available for hire for cake decorating (which actually made me laugh out loud), but how about for party planning? I love the cool activities you came up with for the kids to do. I'm seriously lacking in the creativity department!
Looks like January was jam packed full of birthday fun. I loved all the pics. I can't believe how old Henry looks. I can't wait to see him (and the rest of you guys) in a few months!
Sam's party looks like so much fun. What great ideas. Your kids are all looking so big, but I guess that's what happens when they have birthdays and grow up. Give everyone a big birthday hug for us.
Good luck with the potty training! Good times.
I love your whole tone through this post. Heee.
Your gluten free cake looks more appealing than the (surely) over priced store one. I didn't know Star Wars battles were fought on a giant turtle shell...
All those games sound perfect for boys and Henry looks too big!
YES my kids do that, and it makes me NUTS! They can't bear to be left out of any picture because that obviously means I love them less.
That bakery cake is destined for Cakewrecks. Ewwwww.
That was a jam packed month! My kids also do that in pictures. It's cute the first time, then the wrath of me comes out.
Happy birthday to your sweet boys! And yes, he does look pretty cute on the potty. Good luck!
Oh the cake decorating comment, too funny! I loathe parties and it's all my mom's fault. I had one as a child and it did her in. I've vowed to do more for my kids but it's not easy. I love that I bought Kat off last year with a shopping trip. I'm so trying that one every year with her. I love all the games you came up with.
Sam with the balloons. Such a 6 yr old boy. Just like mine.
I feel so over birthday's once we get over our slew of them. Happy Birthday to your boys. Love the potty shot. So jealous you could be saying bye to diapers this year. I'm way off of that.
You are my hero! (If they gave out report cards to moms, I would get an F in Birthday Parties.) I love the Star Wars party ideas, it sounds like it was SO fun. Great job!
You KNOW how to party.:)
Great pictures.
Looks like a good time was had by all. Aunt Maureen looks a lot like you. ;) I agree that cake belongs on cake wrecks- send it in!
Happy Birthday Boys! Looks like so much fun. I can't believe that our babies are 6!! AHHH!! Ok, my boys would have LOVED the Star Wars party. They collect those crazy little characters. Jackson got a hat pretty similar to Sammy's from school. How fun. I love the potty picture. He must get away with a lot-I know he probably would in mine with a smile like that!!!
Wow!! It has been PARTY TIME at your house lately. It looks like a lot of fun. I am going to have to steal some of your Star Wars ideas for Kameron's next birthday. All those boys with light sabers in your living room??? You are BRAVE!!
I love the pictures of Seth popping in with Henry and Grandma. If you only knew how many pictures I have like that of my kids. I was laughing out loud!!
Cute pictures. Love those boys. Even Seth's forehead.
I love a party! You had so much family fun.
It's just crazy that Seth is the tallest boy on his team. Caleb is second shortest. He literally comes to the shoulder of one of the boys.
Love the potty pic. I'm so sorry that you have to go down that road soon. I truly believe it's one of the worst things a parent has to do. Good luck.
Yeah, that was me. You knew that, right. I mean, Jon's fun at a party and all but he would never use the sentence, "I love a party!" :)
Looks like you guys are having way too much fun. Your parties are always a blast. And your cake decorating skills are definitely impressive. I'd love to try a piece of one of the gluten free cakes. Love the Star Wars theme. We have constant lightsaber action going on at our house.
Youare such a cool mom, happy birthday to them all!
Post a Comment