Germany 1970. The German moderator discuss in the beginning how boring and lame the official looks are and that the fashion and color designers came up with the following outfits to make the game more interesting and colorful.
The day is going to be a good one. I can just tell:)
Friday, February 27, 2009
It Made Me Happy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Oh man. Holy Moly. That made me cry. Thank you.
I can't decide what I love more, the dancing, the women in black who are dancing along, or the uniforms. So funny.
FUNNY! :)
And that was the decade I was born to...
I smiled through my flu at that one.
It was fun t see how muck German I remembered from HS.
darn. Wish I could see it. It's saying it's no longer available...
So that's where my track suit went.
This made my morning, I wish I could audition to be a backup girl in black, SOOOOO funny!!!
I've thought some more about this video (because I posted it on my extended family's blog and I've watched it about 11 times since then) and I have some questions I'd like to throw out to the universe:
1. What purpose do the ladies in black leotards serve? A visual relief between all the color? Eye candy?
2. Did German men shave their legs back then or are Germans a naturally hairless people? I wouldn't know. My people hail from Sweden and Norway.
3. The kid with long hair in the rainbowish uniform: is he chewing gum? Was he surpressing a burp?
4. What was my mother in law doing in Germany back then? She still has that striped blue uniform. And she still dances like that.
5. In the beginning, there's an African-German (I'm so PC) man with an afro dressed in a yellow uniform in the back. How come he didn't get to showcase his dancing skills? He's probably the best dancer of them all...
Oh, man, Annie - thank you for enjoying this video as much as me. Thanks to your very insightful questions, I've been able to watch it two more times and...yup...it still makes me happy.
As per your confusion I think....
1) These ladies seem to be professionals. I think they are there to not only give moral support and encouragement to the less confident men, but their black is so "I'm a tree" that, yes...eye candy is a definite possibility.
2) The germans clearly had a head start on our current "hairless" culture. I've never seen such supple thighs on a man. I'm English, myself, and I think we all continue to be a hairy bunch.
3) Rainbow dancer understands core dance moves. Notice every motion begins from his spine - moving up and down his body in calming waves. I think the mouth being closed is simply an extension of his model of worm movement.
4)I don't know your mother in law...but now I want to.
5)Obviously, I'm racist, because I didn't even notice the AG the first five times I watched this. He was robbed! Notice the applause starts before the commentary seems to end and it was just as our brother is starting his solo. Germans. 25 years after the war and they are still picking on the minorities!
Love that dancing. Hilarious. :)
Lucy, thank you for your insights. Now that I am further enlightened, I'm going to go watch it again.
Holy rainbow-clad go-go dancers, please tell me they were well-paid to throw all self-respect out the window and shimmy in stirrup-socks (WTH???) with their beatnik girlfriends.
I'm sorry Lucy, but I think I'm going to have to borrow this. The world must be made aware of this tragic video.
That was funny! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment