Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I've still got nothing.....

My blogging rut is rapidly turning in blogging apathy so I'll give a meme a try.

1. Do you like blue cheese? No. But I have had a few salads with blue cheese crumbles on it that I liked. But as a creamy dressing....no.
2. Have you ever smoked? I've had a puff but I'm fairly certain that, like Clinton, I didn't inhale (I know. More things you didn't know about me, Mom and Dad. Sorry).
3. Do you own a gun? No. I don't know if I could actually shoot someone and having one around the house seems like an accident waiting to happen. Although, I won't say "never."
4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite? Fruit Punch.
5. Do you get nervous about doctor appointments? Only if they expect me to stand on a scale. Seriously. Stirrups have nothin' on that scale.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I don't really think about hot dogs. I don't really think a great deal about any meat because if I did, I'm pretty sure I'd be a vegetarian and I enjoy being a carnivore.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I'd say Christmas Vacation, because it's funny, but I had my very first kiss during that movie and it isn't my favorite memory. I love About A Boy.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Oddly enough, I don't habitually drink with my meals so I can't say my breakfasts regularly include a beverage, BUT, if I'm at a hotel and there is a schmorgasbord of drink choices, I usually choose cranberry juice.
9. Can you do push-ups? On my knees. But I don't think those count. So....no. Sad.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Definitely my engagement ring. It's perfect for me.
11. Favorite hobby? Reading. No question.
12. Do you have ADD? I don't think so. I can sit still for QUITE a while without a problem.
13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? I'm too moody for my own good. If I could simply stay up all the time, I think I could fly over any hurdle in my path.
14. Middle initial? NMN (that stands for No Middle Name). But I did give myself a middle name...Beth. So, it could be B. But I use an H for my maiden name in my signature.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? Why haven't I taken off my shoes? Stephen Colbert doesn't seem as funny as he used to be. I need to go pick up my holds at the library.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water. Milk. Diet Dr. Pepper.
17. Current worry? I have to come up with some games for the neighborhood Christmas party this weekend. I have a few ideas but they all require quite a bit of effort and I'm trying to avoid a big production.
18. Current hate right now? A full garbage can. It always seems to be three things too full.
19. Favorite place to be? In a hot bath reading a book.
20. How did you ring in the new year? I honestly can't remember. Obviously nothing very memorable. If I was with you....sorry.
21. Where would you like to go? Anywhere. Seriously. I can't name a place where I wouldn't like to go. Well...perhaps Somalia right now. With the pirate problem and civil war, tourism is probably down.
22. Name 3 people to tag? I don't tag because then Memes like this give me anxiety and this is just for fun.
23. Do you own slippers? I do. I usually have hot feet though so I only wear them in the morning. If I happen to know where they are.
24. What shirt are you wearing? A red sweater with a black Shade shirt underneath.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don't think so. Too slippery. We have flannel sheets...probably as opposite to satin as you can get.
26. Can you whistle? Yes.
27. Favorite color? Chocolate brown.
28. Would you be a pirate? Why? I can see no advantage to a pirate's way of life, at all.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I do like to sing in the shower. Good acoustics. I can't think of any regulars, though. Today I kept singing O Holy Night and kept changing keys to see how high I could go on the big note (di-viiiiiiiiiiiiiiine). I'm happy to report that my range has improved from my Alto II days.
30. Favorite girl's name? I'd name a daughter Clara Beth. Clara because I think it's beautiful and Beth after me:)
31. Favorite boy's name? I truly love the name Henry. I wanted a Henry long before we had our children. But I equally love Seth and Samuel now, too. And, of course, I love the name Jay. Hearing it, saying it, reading it makes me happy.
32. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets in my black skirt.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Something I heard while listening to Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me today in the car.
34. What vehicle do you drive? A 2004 Chrysler Town and Country.
35. Worst injury? Dislocating my shoulder while jet skiing when I was 17. It still gives me trouble.
36. Do you love where you live? I do love it. It has its flaws, like everyplace, but I have to admit I'm pretty blessed to live where I do. As far as our house...no.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
38. Who is your loudest friend? Hmmm. Interesting question. A lot of my friends tend to be on the quiet side. But I'm not quiet. I hope that doesn't mean that I am the loudest because loud people can bug me.
39. Do you have any pets? No. Been there...done that. Big mistake.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Sam does right now. He frequently says he wants to marry me. Awwwwww.
41. Your favorite book? Mrs. Mike, for sentimental reasons. To Kill A Mockingbird for scope and purpose. Angle of Repose for pure feeling.
42. Do you collect anything? No. But I could collect not quite finished soda cans. Something about those last 2 ounces I can't force myself to drink.
43. Favorite sports team? I cheer for the Broncos and the BYU Cougars. But I was a much bigger fan when we actually lived in Denver and Utah.
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? I'd love to have Arethra Franklin sing Amazing Grace at my funeral. My favorite hymn is Know This, That Every Man Is Free. I'd love someone with a really nice voice to sing that acapella. And a full choir with orchestra accompaniment to sing My Shepherd Will Supply My Need. Good thing I'll be dead so I can't be disappointed.

13 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Lucy, you make me laugh, plain and simple. I've missed your posts and glad you did this one. I was highly entertained (I do hope that was one of your purposes). . . from "Beth" to "di-viiiiiiiine in the shower" to "Seriously. Stirrups have nothin' on that scale" you come up with some dandy answers.

Anonymous said...

Man, this was a great idea. Early morning laughter is a must and you provided a lot of that here. I am cracking up over the stirrups- I SO agree with you on that one. Knee push-ups totally count. And your 'Why?' after the pirate question pretty much made tea go up my nose. Awesome. I don't see you as a really loud friend, you have a great laugh that is completely appropriate for conversations. I think I am loud though, so maybe that is why I think you are just about right!

donna said...

what a fun post!
Yes i think doing push-ups on your knees count.

[alisar] said...

I think there are at least a couple advantages to being a pirate. Off the top of my head, I can name, "No more trips to the dentist." and "No more need to work on communication skills."

Lucy said...

So I sang in the shower again today and realized that the high note falls on "glooooooooory" and not divine. Just wanted to clear that up;)

I'm counting knee push-ups then.

amy gretchen said...

I hate blog ruts, but you seem to be handling them great. At least from my view. This q&a was cracking me up.

I think I need to read angle of repose. I'm afraid it will be hard to get through.

I bet you sound awesome in the shower. I actually make up songs in the shower so I'm NOT so awesome.

KariAnn said...

Oh I love meme's. This was a cute one. Good thing you documented those funeral request. If you die before me I'll remind someone to check your blog for instructions:). Thanks for the birthday wish. I wish you guys were around here for the holidays! We miss you.

jenny said...

Hey I have just the post for you. Doug is requesting the Hatches singing Little Drummer Boy for Christmas. Any chance you can dig it up? I remember hearing it and LOVED it.

I may just have to do this list as well. Ah come on you know you like dogs :)

Vanessa said...

Those are my two favorite books as well. It is actually a little comforting to know that you too struggle with blog posts at times. they seem to come so naturally for you. The holiday craziness seems to overtake my flow of thoughts...maybe that has something to do with it.

Unknown said...

About a Boy is one of my most favortist movies ever!

Kelly said...

Have to agree on About A Boy. Love that!

I'm burning myself out with my daily posting for Christmas song of the day, and I've got nothing to say today, so I think I'm going to go with this meme today.

{krista} said...

I still need to find Mrs. Mike so I can read it (my library doesn't have it).

What a fun meme! I'll have to do it one of these days, too...

Amie said...

I really really enjoyed this... so much that I copied it.

I nodded my head to many of your answers.... the add... doctor appointments... pirates... and hot dog questions were my favorite.