Sammy's had some good ones in the last couple of days. Here are a couple:
Sammy: "Mom, yesterday a girl at church called me a bad boy."
Me: "Oh, I'm sure she was just being silly."
Sammy: "No, she had evil eyes when she said it. Not silly eyes."
(I laughed for quite awhile when he gave me a demonstration)
Sammy: "Did Dad put Love in this chile verde?"
Me: "I'm sure he did. He always puts his special ingredient in whatever he makes."
Seth: "I think he pokes holes in the meat and writes out the word "love" with dots."
Sammy: "Or....he could go to that place where they put dead people, dig them up out of the ground and cut out their hearts and cook them."
Be careful if you tell your kids something has a secret ingredient. You never know what they can imagine.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Sammy Says....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 comments:
oh my goodness-- i think i like love in my food, rather than the other options... :)
Um.... that sounds... yummy? LOL
I find it strangely comforting to know that my children aren't the only morbid, bloodthirsty ones around. Heaven only knows where they come up with this stuff!
oh, my. they definitely are using those little brains of theres :)
You are kidding me! That is hilarious. It seems like the idea of corpse guts in his food wasn't that troublesome to the little guy. He's pretty tough!
Wow. And I thought my kids had wild imaginations. Let's hope Seth's theory is the right one. :)
What an imagination! He is so cute and missed. I drive Alec, Adam, and Eli to school on Fridays and every time Alec talks about his favorite friend Sammy. "Eli is not my favorite friend, Sammy is my favorite friend."
Okay, I left a comment, and it gave me a blogger glitch in return. So, if I posted twice -- sorry!
I think I'll take love spelled with dots over dead bodies any day! I love it when they reveal what's going on in those imaginations.
So cute, I can just picture him demonstrating evil eyes! And that chili verde must have tasted extra yummy after that explanation!
I love it!
If I am ever at your house for dinner, remind me that I only eat vegetables at your house. Cute boy, now if he can only harness his powers for good!
Funny!! Does Sammy start Kindergarten next year?
Thanks for the laugh!
Oh my sammy has quite the imagination. Love the evil eyes comment. Oh he is in for one heck of a ride when it comes to woman.
I think he probably does go to the place were dead people are and digs them up to get there hearts, and then feeds them to you. It is a very reasonable guess!
That's hilarious, in a vomit-inducing sort of way. I love where kids minds go!
Very funny...can't wait to hear some when I'm there this weekend!
Hearts? From dead people? And he still ate it? Oh boy...
Ha! I would love to see his versions of *evil* and *silly* eyes. I think it's fantastic that blogs will help us remember these crazy things our kids say!
Especially don't have an evil eye when you tell your kids something has a secret ingredient!
Post a Comment