I haven't been very good lately at bringing my camera along for things. But, I managed a few times and thought I'd throw them into a single post. Like some others, I've been working on compiling my older posts into a book, and as this also serves as my scrapbook, because I think I'm done cutting, taping, cropping and designing, I need to include them even when they don't inspire anything to say.
I wore my "eternal coupon" for one of my all time favorite indulgences. A Brisa de mora negra. Yummy.
They have a new Sesame Street exhibit at the children's museum. It's all about the body. Very fun and the boys loved it. Henry couldn't get enough of these doorbells that play messages from all of the main characters.
They have a grocery store that Henry really liked to take things from and put them in a basket. He really didn't like putting them back, however.
Sammy also made it to the park with some paraphernalia. Apparently all my children need props for our outdoor adventures. But, after our long-cooped-up-no-real-backyard-of-a-winter, I really didn't mind hauling it all there, and then nagging all of them to actually bring each item back home.
For Henry's speech therapy, we are really working on teaching him to consistently use the sign for "more". He hates it. His sippy cup full of milk is his biggest motivator, however, so if he wants more milk, he has to ask for it by making his sign. Sneaky Henry thought he'd try his own way to get it. I can't believe he thinks this is easier than signing. First he tried standing on a blanket. Then a stacking cup. Then a puzzle. Then a toy. Then his box of diaper wipes (which didn't hold all of his 28 pounds) until he finally brought in this white chair. I don't know why he didn't think of it sooner. It's worked well for him in the past.









23 comments:
It's good to see pictures. It's nice to see your beautiful smile is still the same!
I haven't been taking my camera around as much either- I feel like I am waiting out this winter.
You look great- the park looks fun- wish we would have made it the the body thing before it closed- the chair is hilarious. He does have some serious skills!
Is that.... GRASS I see? I'm envious to the inth degree!
Dude, I love Brisa's. It's been years since I've been to Los Hermanos. We should take a trip down there before moving time; no one else in my immediate fam likes it. ;)
Aaahhh...my old amigo...Los Hermanos. I am hungry just thinking about it.
The sun is actually shining here...hard to believe...lots of snow has melted. Unfortunately my kids are sick and not enjoying the sunshine. I'm glad to see that you guys are getting out and enjoying nature again.
That Henry...he is a riot!
Great pics. The children's musuem looks fun. We'll have to go in April when we come out with the kids. Love Henry's problem solving skills!
You know I've wanted to check out the Sesame Street exhibit so thanks for the reminder. My kids are fascinated with the body.
Wasn't last Friday awesome. Good to see you guys were out enjoying it.
Henry just cracks me up. His smile always seems to show something a little mischeivious behind it.
Cute pictures....Okay--now I am totally craving Los Hermanos!!
I am still frustrating after compiling mine for 5 hours to learn it won't upload to the company ARG! The exhibit looks fun. I am so glad to hear you guys are FINALLY getting nice weather. The end is near :)
Wow, Henry's really had a growth spurt. That first picture his face looks like Seth. He is such a big boy!
Cute stuff. So if you wear the shirt you get free stuff? Delish! If only Chuy's did that, Mike could eat forever!
That exhibit looks so fun! I still haven't taken my kids to that museum. I really need to get on the stick. And let's hear it for almost-warm, non-snowy days!
I/m looking forward to seeing the compilation of your blogs and hoping sometime that you'll help me with mine. This slow internet and blocks (and no emails!) leaves me frustrated way too often. Love the pictures and can't wait to get reaquainted with grandkids.
Beautiful children!
And that boy? He is sooo clever!
Way to go Henry! The children's museum looks like fun. Maybe we'll have to meet up there when I'm in Utah for spring break.
Love all of your pix. I've been lazy about posting onto mine-maybe I'll get around to it this weekend. What a fun museum. I bet your boys love it!
Henry's grin in that last photo is fabulous! He's a smart one!
Your children's museum looks like fun. I think my kids would love that.
I need an eternal coupon...
That looks like a fun exhibit- we need a pass to that place, it's so fun!
I love seeing all the photos. They're great proof of all your family fun.
I have totally neglected my camera and that's not good with a 2 month old. I'm missing out on a lot. I must get back in the habit.
Henry getting his cup is hilarious. And the turn around to you with the smile, classic.
Man I want that drink right now, it looks SO good!
great, now I'm craving a Brisa and the closest Los Hermanos is 1300 miles away.
I love pictures - they say it all.
Last time we went to Los Hermanos, they took us upstairs to this tiny little room with four tables. It was so quiet because everyone was afraid to talk...everything you said could easily be heard by everyone else! Everyone seemed a little more relaxed once our noisy kids entered. This way, they had something to listen to, talk about and have their discussions covered. Glad I could help.
i couldn't tell... is that a gluten free sandwich that jay is serving up??
lovin' the photo catch up.
Post a Comment