Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Good Day

Yesterday had all of the ingredients for goodness. Some free time, a few phone calls, an outing, good honest hard work, water frolicking and some spirituality. Here's the breakdown:

I was pretty lazy in the morning. I added a bunch of blogs to my sidebar, mostly people I met this weekend and I'm loving having some new connections. I think my favorite thing about all of those girls is that they blog! Updates and all:) It's always fun to have something to read from some you you know (even if it's only kind of).

I got to talk on the phone to Kelly A. We get to meet for the first time this week, even though it feels much more like it will be reconnecting with an old same. She called to see if I wanted some nice hand-me-downs of Jack's. Heck ya! I'm so used to doing a clothes swap with Jen that even her asking felt all sisterly...just like I knew she would be. Maybe you think it's odd, but she's got good taste and, I don't have to worry about getting them back to her. Plus, according to Jack Johnson, I need to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle (listen to the mood music on the top of my sidebar). I'm just doing my part! Kelly is so awesome. Last week, before she left on her trip, she sent me a card following my woe-is-me post and some really fun work-out DVDs. I'm sure she's only giving them to me because she's memorized all of the moves herself so I hope she brings her jazz shoes:)

I want to be like this...

I think this may have been made just for me!

Later in the afternoon, I tackled the beast - the garage. Jay actually did 90% of it on Saturday, but I finished up clearing out the half of our garage that was "the-pile-we-didn't-know-what-to-do-with" so that he could park his new/used car in. It's not new - but it's pretty nice and as part of the sale, the dealer had it detailed yesterday. That was my motivation and I finished just in time.

Before that, I decided to drive downtown with Sam and Henry and joined the Discovery at Gateway. What a great place for kids! I had a moment when my former self, the mom that delighted taking her kids out and about, took over and my eyes actually teared up watching Sam busily transport balls back and forth from this tubular structure. He was so intent on seeing where they went. Henry was marching in place at the top of the platform, so happy to have the freedom to go wherever he wanted to go...for once. I smiled to myself while I watched their happy play. Then life returned to normal as Henry started throwing things everywhere and running away and I lost Sam a few times. But at least I had the moment. I will take it as a sign of things to come:)

We all went swimming afterwards. The pool here is our back yard. It's where we have to go when the inside needs a break. I'm so glad we are living here and have this great pool where the boys can splash and make the messes they seem genetically engineered to make without any retribution.

Jay came home and made hotdogs for everyone and Sarah watched our kids and put them to bed while Jay and I went to the temple. It's been awhile since either of us have done a session in a large temple, and I had kind of forgotten how big they really are. Like you actually need those ladies pointing and directing you to a locker. And the escalators! Nothing says business like escalators! It was a wonderful evening and a lovely date with Jay. We even took his shining car with it's speedy transmission, rolled down the windows and opened the sunroof and got some sonic cream slushies afterwards.

So Beautiful

See? A good day.

15 comments:

Kari said...

WOW! What a great day!! It's days like that that keeps me going on the down days.

Jill said...

It sounds like a chock-full and fabulous day, I love it when things work out well and I get lots done and have happy kids. It's rare, but wonderful.

I'm so glad you're happy with the connections you made at the blog party, you're an excellent addition to our community.

Rebecca said...

All the good things your new home has to offer in one day, awesome!

jenny said...

I am glad you had a good day. I have yet to come by one this week. I feel terrible how much I want school to start. But my kids are getting under my skin. Okay enough. Anyways, how fun to hook up with Kelly. I wish I was coming too. And how nice of Sarah to put the kids to bed. That in itself is a heavenly sent task.

Maybe your good day will rub off on me today :)

Victoria said...

Each day is a blessing :) Thinking positive makes even the craptastic days the best days evah!!

Kelly said...

I'm totally bringing my jazz shoes! One last check in before we leave for the airport, hope you are ready to stay up late!

RoRo2 said...

So glad you had such a good day! Doing the garage, taking the kids to play, and then temple and a creme slush! An almost perfect day I would say!!!

andrea said...

Hooray for a good day! Our temple has been closed for several weeks and I didn't know why. Today I found out that it's being remodeled and relandscaped. Cool, huh? Have fun with Kelly A. I'm jealous you get to meet.

Elizabeth said...

I wish I could meet you and Kelly A. don't you two just want to hop on a plane?

Carolyn said...

Ally LOVES that "3 Rs" song. I played it for her from your blog and she was in heaven.

Glad you had a great day. Attending the temple is the cherry on top!

Anonymous said...

I still have not taken Mya to the Gateway but feel a trip coming on as she is getting worn out of Thanksgiving Point a little. What a great day- very full.

Lindsay said...

We went to the Gateway today. Big mistake. I got free tickets through a homeschooling thing. And every other homeschooler in the state had free tickets too. It was insane and so very not fun. We left rather quickly and will have to come back another time.

donna said...

How wonderful that you and Jay got to go the the Temple. Enjoy your day my friend :)

Shelah said...

sounds like a very lovely day. I love Discovery at the Gateway.

Amber said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! We need to meet up at the Gateway- my kids LOVE the water there!