Really, nothing happened today, I still have no pictures and not much to say and yet here I am:) Without any pictures, though, I'll keep it short and sweet.
Yesterday, in church, the counselor conducting asked a question. She started by saying that she had gone camping with one of her friends and her friend was just...so....into it. You can tell she's not much of a camper by the way she described the enthusiasm of her friend's love of cool tents, water filtration, dutch ovens and camping gadgets with an incredulous awe. Then she asked if any of us were like that - women who liked to camp. I raised my hand...but then she went on. After the word camp, she followed with words like - cook with food storage, can, implement the tools of provident living. I should have taken my arm down because only the camping part is true but I left it up like the kids in primary who keep their arm raised when it's the spotlight and the clue given is that the spotlight has three sisters and that particular child has two brothers. Then, she told the women in Relief Society to look around and use "these sisters" and their love of provident living if you are interested in learning more about provident living. If anyone calls me, I hope they want to go to Zions!:)
Today, I had to find a Post Office to mail something for Jay. I looked up online where the closest one to me was and set off to find it after I picked Seth up from school. I didn't write down the address but had the main street and thought I would notice it when we drove by. I certainly never saw it and before I knew it, we were several miles off target. I knew there was one over by my sister-in-law in the next township (what do you call the suburbs?) so kept driving further and further away to get there. On our way, we drove by a golf course. On our way back, after passing the golf course again, a lights-and-sirens ambulance and fire truck came barreling down the road. We pulled over and the boys asked me where they were going.
I replied that I didn't know but it must be an emergency.
Sammy responded, "Maybe somebody lost a golf ball."
I'm sure that is an emergency in someone's book.
And here's a final happy thought courtesy of Dwight Schrute:
When does The Office start again?


16 comments:
Oh I LOVE The Office. Everytime I go to the gym I think of Dwight. And I LOVE that episode where Dwight tries to get rid of health care for the employees.
I love your story about the golf ball. Kids say the funniest things. It made me laugh.
I am coming with you to Zion, I cant camp to save my life. :)
Thanks for that clip I loved it! I had a fellow employee where I worked want to bring in a ball to sit on! I personally do like the ball workouts I have Core Secrets and it is so good!
Kids say the funniest things:)
Hey, you changed your profile picture, it's nice to see your face.
The golf-ball emergency is amusing, I love how kids see the world.
Did you ever find the post office?
I've been watching Season 2 of The Office and just love it. I get the giggles some times.
O.K. You are totally cracking me up leaving your hand up and being the one the sisters look to for provident living! Too funny!
I'm looking forward to another season of the office. I love the clip where they impersonate eachother. Very funny stuff:)
Boy you are really laying it on thick in your new ward, aren't you? All friendly the first day and getting poor Jay called to Activities. Now you are campaigning to be the food storage go to girl.
Provident Living in Zions. I'll see you there!
Yeah, losing a Golf Ball would be a TRUE emergency!!! ha ha Kids say the darndest things!
Thanks for the "Schrute-ism" I am in withdrawls. Just his face alone makes me laugh.
So Luc...maybe you could post some provident living pointers for all of us!! ;)
Ok! you are way
to cute!!! I loved it that you left your hand up!!!!!
Rachel ( my sister in law) said that the office is not comimg back till JAN 2008 @#$%$#@!@@##
Ha! A lost golf ball is an emergency at my house. That's funny.
*snicker* You big faker! You'd better learn right quick how to make fake sausage out of wheat gluten, before they find out you're a fraud.
The Office is untempered brilliance, and I'm counting the days until it starts again. Have you ever seen the BBC series?
Nothing like a little comic relief!
Love Sammy's comment.
So, as the resident expert on provident living, you must have some suggestions on how to use the six enormous zucchini my garden produced. I just don't know what to do with them.
Love the office. I'm dying without it and the rest of my shows. Sadly, I just can't seem to watch tv in the summer. My TV routine is all thrown off, but I'm reading lots of good books.
Haha. Just the pick me up I needed this morning. Hilarious!
Passing thru via Chloe...I show the season premiere of The Office to be 9/27.
I haven't seen much of it in the past, but I know I should. I have a Dwight bobblehead still in the box....do I need to break it out ???
Thanks for the good hard laugh! Love the golf ball emergency and I am feeling a little OFFICE withdrawal, so thanks for the funny fix! :)
I am rolling after watching that clip. Man, I wish I saw this yesterday. :)
Post a Comment