Wednesday, November 15, 2006

All smushed together

Normally, I'd separate these thoughts a bit but I'm down to the wire getting ready for Florida and when I get back...poof....these thoughts will be gone.

I hosted book group last night and we had a nice time. Discussed Memory Keeper's Daughter. I really do enjoy discussing books with other people. There is always a different opinion and for me it makes reading the book that much more worthwhile to know that there are other interpretations and feelings out there about it. Jay was on call so I put the boys to bed when everyone got here and they did great. I had to go remind Sammy once about the party rules (we prep a lot for it during the day) and then it was lights out. I'm fortunate to have boys who can handle women gabbing and laughing and still fall asleep. Everyone was still around after midnight but left before being caught by Jay again. No worries there since he didn't get in until after 2:30. I can't remember exactly how this commercial came up but we were talking about working out and getting in shape because they were all wondering about T-Tapp (it ISN'T any form of tap dancing as is the common assumption) but Alisa mentioned this funny clip floating out there on the internet so I went searching for it on youtube and this is what I found. Hilarious.



Today was very busy getting loose ends tied up before I go. I had to get a new sports bra for this trip because it's three full days of working out and I just don't have that many guns in my arsenal. I'm a bit nervous for this whole experience. There are online forums and people chatting about what to bring and someone asked what the majority of people were going to do for meals. Someone replied, "I'm just planning on munching on granola and blueberries!" Um.....so I guess there won't be very many french fries being served. Not wanting to be left out of that whole scene...I went and purchased some of my very own granola AND almonds. I can totally fit in there. There might be a little room service ordered later on but I will be there in my spandex with my high fructose corn syrup free food.

Many other annoying details that I won't bore you with but I was busy all day. I had very little down time. Jay called and wanted us all to go to the Gonzaga game tonight so I took all three boys and we met for dinner and then headed over to the arena.

Go Bulldogs!

I only stayed for half and then took Henry and Sammy home because they were both losing it and no one was having a good time. Seth was wearing his Adam Morrison jersey and very into it so I wanted Jay to have that fun experience and put the others out of their misery.

Someone is having a great time and someone isn't. Can you tell who is who?

Now it's crunch time and I have to pack, fold laundry and set everything out for my babysitter tomorrow. Jay is taking Friday off and has the rest of the weekend off so who knows what fireworks are going to go off here. I'm looking forward to some entertaining stories.

Wish me luck! I can feel the burn already!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That trip sounds like so much fun, I might be one of your only friends that says going away to workout is exciting! I hope you have a great time in sunny FL!
I need some R&R away also, I'm thinking the mall Saturday night, or maybe just sitting in Barnes and Noble to read something! I do think you have the better plans! Wish I could come and learn some Tap moves!

Jen Childers said...

Good luck Lucy....I wish I was going with you! SOunds like a fun couple of nights:)

jenny said...

Hope you have fun on your trip. Sounds pretty hard core. I too am looking forward to some interesting blogging over the weekend by Jay.

Anonymous said...

I had not idea you were going to FL. Is Bekki going too? You should tell us things like this. Have/hope you had fun.
Kelly