Sunday, March 17, 2013

Minuet and March

Seth and Sam both learned a piece to play during the student recital of this week's local Bach Festival. I love listening to Bach and even though some of the songs start to sound the same, the melodies and harmonies are so pleasing and easy on the ear that I enjoyed all hour and fifteen minutes of it. It also helped that Jay had Daniel. :)

I thought some fans of the boys might enjoy hearing them perform. I thought they did a great job. Seth gets so nervous but I think each time he performs, he gains more and more confidence in his ability to calm his nerves and do his best under pressure. Sam may sweat it, but he doesn't let me know.



7 comments:

Jen Childers said...

Nice job guys! It's interesting how our boys are having totally different piano experiences. :) At first I kept looking at the grand piano wondering why I couldn't see Sam. It wasn't until the end he got up, I realized he wasn't playing the grand....too funny. Really really good!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Way to go. I love how Sam and Seth are so well rounded - they love sports, cattle, music, reading.

Emily said...

Wow, those songs brought back memories! Great job guys!!

Maureen said...

Great job Seth and Sam!! I had the same thought as Jen about not seeing Sam at the piano and wondering why! They both had some great baroque articulation going on. :)

donna said...

your boys did a great job...

Lucy said...

The big black looking grand piano is actually a really old harpsichord from the 18th century that several students performed on. The piano on the floor was also a grand but really hard to see. I wish they would have been opposite as 90% of the piano performers played on the piano but I don't think they wanted more hands than absolutely necessary touching the antique harpsichord. Didn't make for great video through!!!

Tara said...

They both did do great! It's fun to hear them play, I'm glad you posted the videos.