Monday, August 20, 2012

Daniel - 35 Weeks (8 Months!)

At 8 months you:

Pull yourself up to stand with anything...window, chair, table, leg.
Crawl but prefer to keep your left knee from hitting the ground.
Enjoy your baby food and puffs and really, put anything into your mouth.
Hate loud noises.  Like when your dad cheers during the olympics.
Sleep in your bedroom...all through the night.
Climb stairs, though I'm loathe for you to do it.
Nurse twice a day.
Love bath time.
Babble.
Smack your lips.
Stand with your tip toes most of the time.
Crawl to wherever I am and then cry when I walk away.  It's really bad when I'm cleaning the kitchen. You just don't know where to go!
Have two bottom teeth and two top teeth that are close to poking through your gums.



I love being outside.  So many things to look at.  No, I won't look at you, Mom.


Yum.  Grass.


Oh.  You're walking away?  Even with this come hither look? 


Where are you going?  Can I come?


You thought these stairs would slow me down but you were wrong!  I climb them with ease!


But, wait!  What are these beautiful, colorful things?  I must touch them.


I'm back!  Looking cuter than ever.


I'm gonna get you...


I got you!

I love this age.  It freaks me out a bit that I am the sun in your universe.  You really do flirt with everyone and are a happy baby with a willing smile but there's something about the way your body jolts with awareness if we make eye contact.  Heaven forbid I see you and walk on by.  In your world, there is no greater insult.  Thankfully, your dutiful brothers save the day and happily scoop you up.  Even Henry likes to grab you around your middle now and move you from room to room.  What a fun addition you are to our family.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I always think he must have reached his maximum cuteness, but he keeps proving me wrong!

Kelly said...

What a cutie! Makes me excited for one!

Jen Childers said...

What a fun 8th month (can he really be 8 months!) post. He is so adorable. Can't wait to mush him again next week :)

Jen Childers said...

Hey I just noticed the planter....pretty!