Monday, November 29, 2010

Something's Missing

 Can you tell what it is?



This just may be the most anticlimactic first tooth loss in history.  We went out to eat on Saturday and as I was putting his seat belt around his booster seat, I noticed the gap on his bottom row.

"Where's your tooth?" I asked him.

He immediately felt for his tooth and then started giggling.  He said, "I guess it's in my hamburger!"  I didn't even know it was loose.  His other bottom tooth isn't.  Weird.

Isn't four WAY too young to lose a tooth?  He is almost five, but....but....well...he's Henry.  He's supposed to be delayed.  I guess his teeth are ahead of the curve.

10 comments:

Jen Childers said...

I didn't think Henry could get any cuter but that is SO CUTE! Ansel lost his first tooth right around his fifth birthday and I thought it was too young too. That's funny that it ended up in his hamburger!

Emily said...

Erin is going to be so jealous! First Natalie, now Henry...she's older than both of them! He is so cute though.

BAK said...

Ah, cute little missing tooth Henry. Congrats to the little man!!!

donna said...

so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh, super cute. My Sam lost his first tooth at four, as well. Biting into a cookie at preschool. So similar!

jenny said...

Taylor actually lost her first tooth at 4 too! I guess the nice thing was she had all of her teeth gone by 5th grade and braces on and off by 8th grade. What a cutie!

Libby said...

That just made me giggle! I love his hamburger statement. He's just the cutest thing ever with his big happy grin!!

Kelly said...

My first thought when I saw the first picture was that he'd lost a tooth, but then I thought he was too young so I started looking for glasses pieces that might be missing! :)

melanie said...

I was definitely going to say broken glasses since that's the trend around here. He's waaay ahead of the curve around here. Our kids don't lose their teeth until 2nd grade. Henry is a doll.

Becky said...

Wow! Julia lost her first tooth 3 months before she turned 6, but James turned 6 in July and hasn't lost one yet. But I'll be SO sad when my baby starts losing teeth, so I can definitely wait!