A few days ago, I spied the boys inventing a new game outside. One boy would ride his scooter while another was pulled by the scooter on Henry's tricycle via a bungee cable hooked between the two. The tricycle was heavy and wide enough that tip overs for the one being pulled were rare.
Yesterday, I noticed the activity being repeated and went outside with my camera to capture their creative play. Only, as soon as I got outside, Henry started throwing a conniption, refusing anyone but him to perch atop his plastic red seat.
With a shrug of their shoulders, Seth and Sam altered the plan by having the scooter pull....another scooter.
You can predict the rest...
Sam is the daredevil in our family. He's usually up for trying anything.
Still feeling good...
Seth builds up speed for the big corner.
An object in motion likes to stay in motion. Sam's scooter started to whip around the corner and he smartly jumped off. But not without consequence...
The scooter struck his foot and scraped off a chunk of skin on his big toe.
Mean mom takes a picture before going inside to clean the wound. Notice the abandoned scooters in the background.
Happily pedaling along....
Moral of the story: try again tomorrow.
And so they did.


12 comments:
Looks fun! Boys will be boys, right? I love the pic of Sammy crying...he's a cutie, even when he's sad :)
Poor Sam, but it looks like fun! I'd try it too. I'll opt to be the scooter in front!
Ouchie!! This reminded me of the scene in Diary of a Wimpy Kid where they play a game in which the object is one kid hitting another kid with a football, while the second kid is on a moving bike. Alas, the kid-thunk-up games ...
You said, "You can predict the rest..." But I predicted wrong. Of course I knew someone was about to get hurt but I thought you were going to say that the bungee came undone and snapped back.
I once heard a story of a man losing his eye to a recoiling bungee so to be honest, I was relieved it was just a big toe! :)
Poor Sammy. Did he get back on the scooter?
Such a familiar scene. My kids love to do things like that and Lily has a similar foot injury.
My kid's scooter tricks earned him a broken arm a few years back. Be glad it's only an injured toe! Doesn't make it hurt any less, though. Poor kid.
I love it, because this is somethign I would do... take pictures before taking care of the wound. I was just impressed it was only a flesh wound because my first thought was broken toe or something. Poor kid! I hope it doesn't hold him back for long.
Oh, I saw those little bare feet in the top photos and started to cringe, poor kid.
oh dear. poor sammy. his scooter in the background is so perfect.
Ouch. Often times Weston comes in with his feet like that. I guess next time the shoes might be a good idea eh :)
I love their creativity so cute!
I would have made him pose for the picture while crying, too.
I love that you have all of this room to ride now! Lucky you!
Post a Comment