Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

The boys and I have had a lovely Easter Sunday. Jay has been working like a dog. I was so excited to get "matching" pictures today as the boys all coordinated with some kind of orange, I bought Jay a snazzy looking white and orange striped tie and I had an orange undershirt with a white blouse and cute orange dangly earrings. But, Jay wasn't around when the boys were clean and groomed and thus another family photo opportunity has passed.

The boys didn't get out of their required poses, however.


Seth. Impossible for him to not squint, no matter where the sun is located.


Henry. Make it quick, Mom. I've got things to do.


Sam's my most willing.


Then came the group shots. First and probably best try.


There were many shots between these two, but imagine Henry marching to his own beat in each and every one of them.


Love Seth and Sam in this picture.


I felt it only fair to show Seth's next move as well.


We went out to Vaughn and Patty's for Easter Dinner. Patty made rolls, asparagus and a ham and I brought the cheesy potatoes and a spinach/strawberry salad. After dinner, Derek hid eggs for the boys to find.

Grandpa helping them in their search.

I love Easter. I love the joy and the celebration of new life and the lack of commercialism (because it's much easier for me to dismiss the silly-to-me story of a life size bunny delivering baskets to our house than the tradition and festivity surrounding Christmas). Sure, the boys had candy in a basket, but it was from us, and they were fine with that.

I feel so blessed to understand the meaning of this day. To believe, because the Spirit has witnessed to me that it is true, that Jesus Christ was resurrected and overcame physical death after being crucified on a cross on Golgotha. To believe that he still lives, perfectly, with our Heavenly Father. To believe that because of those things, I too can overcome physical death and live once more with my family and my God.

Happy, happy Easter.

14 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Happy, happy Easter, Lucy. I wish I could have seen you in your danglies. The boys are darling.

Like you, I'm just so grateful for the truth that allows us to live fully in this life and eternally in the next. Thanks for your words.

BAK said...

I love the pictures of your boys. They are so incredibly handsome.

Easter IS a lot easier to keep away from the commercialism. I didn't remind my kids on purpose about the giant rabbit this year. He still came, but it doesn't have the same sense of pressure that the jolly fat man inspires. It's really nice.

Stephanie said...

I love the orange outfits and the photo shoot! Those pictures made me laugh! All of their little personalities came out.
I'm glad you still had a good day even without Jay around.

Amy said...

I LOVE boys dressed up in Sunday clothes. And I love the personalities that emerged in the cute pictures of your boys.

Jen Childers said...

The boys look great. Maybe this next Sunday you can try for that family picture, although that would mean wearing the same thing to church two weeks in a row....maybe another week? :) Looks like a fun day and the weather looks better than ours was. We did our easter egg hunt indoors.

KariAnn said...

Your boys are so handsome. I love the orange. Those pictures are priceless.

donna said...

your boys look great! Sounds like you had one wonderful Easter.:)

ShelleyG said...

I love the matching Easter orange! The individual poses are great. Their personalities really show through. :) It looks like VJ & PJ did it up right for you guys. Love it!

amy gretchen said...

Your boys sure look handsome.

I love easter too. Glad yours was a good one.

Amie said...

Every time I see someone's cute Easter pictures I feel a pang of guilt/jealousy that we just went to church in the same thing we wore "last week" and didn't take any pictures...

Your boys look darling!

Tara said...

Love the orange! The boys look great.

{krista} said...

I love your kids! they are the spunkiest cutest boys around!

Anonymous said...

Seth's dance move pictures are AWESOME!

Your boys are just so stinkin' handsome.

Christi said...

What handsome boys you have!