Thursday, April 23, 2009

Because I Feel Like Blogging....but don't have much to say

1. First thing you wash in the shower? My Hair. After about 5 minutes of just standing there.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie? This assumes I have a bunch of them. I have one, it's not my favorite anything, and it is white.

3. Do you plan outfits? Only when packing for trips.

4. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Like I should probably get off the computer and clean my house.

5. Whats the closest thing to you that's red? A quilt my mother-in-law made me.

6. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? As soon as I try to nail down a dream, it vanishes. I honestly can't remember anything.

7. Did you meet anybody new today? No. Yesterday I did, though.

8. What are you craving right now? A fountain soda. Or chocolate. Or something spicy.

9. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? Cole slaw.

10. Are you emotional? Embarrassingly so.

11. Have you ever counted to 1,000? Yes. I count backwards from 100 in my head all them time when I'm trying to fall asleep. I'm pretty sure I've done it 10 times in a row on those nights I have insomnia.

12. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? Definitely a biter. I hate the tingly numb tongue.

13. Do you like your hair? It needs to be cut pretty badly. I'm thinking of going a bit shorter.

14. Do you like yourself? I do. I bring things to the table. But, I am fully aware of my lameness too.

15. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? Totally. The guy is a hoot.

16. What are you listening to right now? Henry getting into something he shouldn't. (turned around and saw him spooning out some peanut butter).

17. Are your parents strict? No. Not at all. It was a shock being at BYU my freshman year because I literally had more rules to follow...AT COLLEGE...than I did at home in high school. I loved my childhood.

18. Would you go sky diving? I've always said "yes" but after my little..errr...panic attack on the mountain, I wonder if I mean it.

19. Do you like cottage cheese? I don't hate it but don't think I've ever once truly felt like eating it.

20. Have you ever met a celebrity? I sang on stage with Marie Osmond in high school. And I waved to President Monson once in Rexburg Idaho at Frontier Pies (or Perkins. Or Marie Callisters).

21. Do you rent movies often? We do the Netflix thing so definitely yes.

22. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in? I have looked and looked and can't find anything.

23. How many countries have you visited? Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Thailand and Myanmar. 12 with more to come!

24. Have you made a prank phone call? I think this question will be obsolete soon with caller ID etc. Back in the day, when anonymity was still possible, I used to call and hang up on people (boys) quite frequently. I mentioned before that I am aware of my lameness.

25. Ever been on a train? Yes. I love the clickity clack.

26. Brown or white eggs? I have never, ever bought brown eggs. I don't even like to think about eggs after someone told me you could see the "umblical cord" coming out of the yolk when you crack them. I don't like to think of eggs as undeveloped birds, and for some reason the brown ones seem more...fowly. So, white.

27. Do you have a cell-phone? I do. I used to lose them a lot but then I got a Blackberry and am much more aware of where it is at all times. I've still lost it once, though.

28. Do you use chap stick? Not regularly. But I'm not against it or anything.

29. Do you own a gun? No. I wonder if I ever will. Kind of doubt it, but you never know.

30. Can you use chop sticks? I can fake it but I don't think I hold them right.

31. Who are you going to be with tonight? I'm going to book club so with a bunch of women I'm still not all that comfortable around, and my friend, Sue.

32. Are you too forgiving? Can you be too forgiving? I don't think so. However, if the intent of the question is, "Are you spineless?" then probably.

33. Ever been in love? I have and am.

34. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow? Reading radiological films in a small town an hour away.

35. Ever have cream puffs? Yes and I like them cold.

36. Last time you cried? Tuesday (i.e. the hike).

37. What was the last question you asked? Do you want to watch a cartoon (to Henry so that he had something to do while I blogged).

38. Favorite time of the year? Early fall.

39. Do you have any tattoos? No. I find them...unbecoming.

40. Are you sarcastic? Yes. With certain people.

41. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect? I usually don't watch Ashton Kutcher movies, although I did enjoy That 70s show. I think the theory is pretty cool, though.

42. Have you ever walked into a wall? Totally.

43. Favorite color? Definitely dark brown.

44. Have you ever slapped someone? I backhanded my sister, Jen, when we were in high school. She even had a black eye.

45. Is your hair curly? Yes. But thin so easy to straighten.

46. What was the last CD you bought? U2's No Line On The Horizon. And I'm going to the concert in Vegas in October!

47. Do looks matter? They shouldn't but in my shallower moments, they can.

48. Could you ever forgive a cheater? I don't know. I'd like to think so, but....yeah....I don't know.

49. Is your phone bill sky high? Cell phone bill is quite a lot because we both have these blackberrys to pay for. But, not because we are chatty. We don't even come close to going over our combined 700 minutes.

50. Do you like your life right now? There are many areas that could improve, but I am also very aware of my blessings.

51. Do you sleep with the TV on? Never. I can't even fall asleep with the light on, much less a strobe light with accompanying noise.

52. Can you handle the truth? I can. My weakness is in thinking others can't.

53. Do you have good vision? The one part of my body that has never had any problems.

54. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people? Dislike, definitely. I'm not a hater, though.

55. How often do you talk on the phone? Several times a day. It's not my favorite thing, though, as my sisters can attest to. I'd rather stay connected with other means. #1 would be face to face. #2 would be via written word (email, blogs, old-fashioned letters). #3- the phone. A necessary evil.

56. What are you wearing? Dark brown capris and a red t-shirt.

57. What is your favorite animal? I like animals in general, but none specifically.

58. Where was your default picture taken? On my couch in my living room.

59. Can you hula hoop? I used to be able to, but I wonder if my hips still have it in them.

60. Do you have a job? Luckily not one I can get fired from or I probably would.

61. What was the most recent thing you bought? I bought $50 worth of books at the buy-one-get-one-free book fair at the school yesterday. I added up all my savings, though, and would have spent $172 on the books individually (the hardback books I bought were all on sale).

62. Have you ever crawled through a window? I remember crawling through my friend Lisa's window for some reason and landing really hard on my head on her bedroom floor. I can't remember why I was sneaking into her house, but I did. And I'm pretty sure I was quickly found out and possibly asked to leave. Luckily, I didn't have strict parents and never needed to find out if I could have fit through our tiny, basement, non-egress windows.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I always think those are so fun to read. It's fun to compare answers. Some of mine would be the same, and others so different.

I remember at least one dream every single morning. Not always all the details, but definitely the gist. Last night I remembered two and I've identified them both as recurring dreams. I only wish I knew what they mean.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Your answers are so fun to read, Lucy. I'm glad you felt like blogging. I love your off-the-cuff responses.

What? No brown eggs? Oh Lucy. Probably because you haven't eaten my blue or green eggs :) (It took me a day or two to appreciate them, but eww, lah, lah a fresh egg with a bright yellow yolk is pretty in the pan. However, if you leave them in the nest under the hen too long you get to see more than just an umbilical cord when you break them into the bowl of cookie dough.) With that said, I'm not a fried, scrambled egg eater myself. I know exactly where they come from and that takes all the appetite away.

Kelly said...

I don't think you can ever begrudge money spent at a school book fair. (Well, except when you can't attend so you send $ with your 3rd grader anticipating the great books she'll bring home and she returns, instead, with a chef kitten poster, a dry erase memo board, and some flexible pencils.)

I'm laughing at the term "fowly". I used to have an aversion to brown eggs, but after being the lucky recipient of a friend's fresh eggs all the time in Oregon (usually brown, blue & green), I usually pick brown first when I'm shopping. Funny how that goes.

KariAnn said...

Fun, I love reading these tidbits.

Anonymous said...

Between you and Jane...well I don't know if I want to eat my egg tomorrow morning...bleh.

I like cold cream puffs too and ever since posting this on my site, I have been craving them.

I like your #52...I think I underestimate people in this area.