One of the things I like about the Internet is the great speed at which ideas can now be shared. Blogs make it that much easier, if you know where to look. I've often envied those creative minds or savvy shoppers who share their expertise so the rest of us can enjoy the fruit as well. Sadly, not being one of those creative minds, I've never really had anything to share.
This certainly isn't my idea, or my product, but it's something that I found online that works so brilliantly that I think some of you might appreciate me sharing.
Many of our Wii games, and I don't even know how many of our DVDs, have significant scratches. Significant enough that 5 of the Wii games were no longer working, and movies became half as long because we'd have to fast-forward when it froze (which didn't really matter because the movie was inevitably one of the episodes of Star Wars, which have been viewed dozens of times). All of this carless waste was getting some major, major "grrrrrr"s from Mom. I saw online that toothpaste with baking soda sometimes works so I tried that. No go.
Then I read that a metal cleaner called Brasso. Tried that. Didn't work.
There were several other home remedies including light bulbs and aluminum foil, but I stopped trying because they seemed a little kooky. On a hope and a prayer (or, I should say my childrens' hopes and prayers because they were getting tired of getting yelled at), I ordered SkipDR on Amazon.com. While not as cheap as toothpaste, it was cheaper than buying 5 new games.
It works! All of our discs are repaired and it's like Christmas all over again. The boys just kept bringing me scratched DVDs and Wii games to fix. There is no effort involved, unless you consider spraying water and wiping it dry effort. The little machine does all the buffing and has made me about 10X less paranoid when I hear Henry downstairs getting into the movie drawer.
That's all. I wish the idea was my own but all I can claim is the now fervent testimony of it. I give it my full endorsement.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
An Infomercial
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Thank you, Lucy! I appreciate the information.
I need this, bad! I can't even begin to tell you how many movies we own that you can no long watch. thank you for sharing your find.
I too need this miracle worker. I can't even tell you how many of our DVD's and games suffer from scratches. Thanks for the hookup!
We are in the same boat (as you can imagine since you know my kids). The boys keep begging me to get a dvd repair kit. Maybe this is the one.
This is great information for any mom of little kids to have! I never would have known there was something like this out there. Awesome!
OK, I am ready for the 1-800 number! I am sold!! I was SO mad when our kids ruined a bunch of wii games-this might be my solution!!! Thanks!
Hey-when in the heck are you going to call me to hang out?! :) I have been a hermit and this warm weather is calling to me!
Good to know. We'll have to add that to our wish list for sure.
What a great product Lucy - thanks for sharing!
I'll be right over...
Post a Comment