Friday, January 16, 2009

SPT - I Resolve To Take More Self-Portraits With People I Love

I missed posting on Tuesday but Thursday starts with a "T" too so I'm going to count it.

Jay and I are in Salt Lake this week and I've been distracted, but I have managed to take a few self-portraits with people I love for this week's challenge. I think once you try to fit more than one face in a self-portrait, the chances for a flattering angle decreases, but perhaps the purpose of the picture changes once you add someone else - making things like chins, necks and noses take a back seat to friendship, love and mutual memories.

Let's hope so!



My sister Sarah and I taking turns getting our hair done by Sarah's friend, Alli, who did my hair all last year. It had been six months since I had any color and boy did I need these foils!



The day before Jay's confinement, we headed to Park City for a day of sun and skiing. The entire day was perfect. We had no lift lines, the sky was bright, the wind nonexistant and plenty of time for giggles and quivering quad muscles.


Just before they rolled him away for surgery.



I'll give a better update on Jay when I get home but, in the meantime, know we both appreciate all of the love and support sent our way. We'll know more later but from the spoonfuls of broth, sips of juice, and bold swallows of jell-o, we are both pretty excited about the future.

24 comments:

Tootie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Very cute and such accommodating subjects! Jay must have been doped up in that last picture because I can't imagine him not pulling a goofy face when being photographed in his gown and hospital bed!

Glad you all are doing well. Keep it up!

andrea said...

I'm glad things are looking so good for Jay. I've been wondering and keep checking your blog for updates.

I'm glad you guys got a chance to go skiing. Fun times.

Barb said...

You seem to have made the most of your trip to Utah. I hope all is well with Jay!

BAK said...

I love those pictures. And I loved knowing the context of the skiing and the hospital pictures after seeing you today. Mel and I were talking after we left about you. You are the type of person who reflects other's light back at them. It makes a person feel all warm and special to be around you. I sound really sappy, but I just think a lot of you, friend.

Thanks for making some time today. I really enjoyed our brunch!!!!

Best wished to Jay on a speedy recovery. Here's to lots of jell-o!

Ryan Bagley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donna said...

what a fun day of skiing.

Your family are in our prayers and thoughts.

Tara said...

We're so glad to hear that the initial results of the surgery are promising.

I'm jealous of your foil, but glad you were able to fit some fun into a trip that was not necessary supposed to be fun.

Looking forward to more details...

Amie said...

Cute pictures. I am glad you guys got a day of fun in before the surgery. I am anxious for the update... I hope everything went well and your future will be easier!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Good news, good news. Great SPT's, too.

Anonymous said...

I love how you called it Jay's "confinement". :) These are all great pictures. You look very joyful!

I'm glad to hear that things have gone well for Jay, and hope you guys see some real improvement for him soon.

jenny said...

I love that you are doing more self portraits. I have been thinking about you guys! Know that Jay and your family are in our prayers!

So glad to see you were able to hit the slopes together. What a great belated anniversary huh?

Anonymous said...

These are all so great Lucy! You have this sparkle in your eyes. I am so glad the surgery went well and that you both can move forward from here on.

Jen Childers said...

Cute pic of you and Sarah...and I'm so glad the bites of jello look promising! Have a safe trip back!

Carolee said...

It is always so hard to have a loved one in the hospital, hope all goes well.

Amy Sorensen said...

Lucy! I hope the recuperation goes smoothly!!! It is an amazing process to see how life changes as the medical issues go away. Best of luck to you!

Elisa said...

We hope things went well for Jay! We are thinking of you!

Kristen said...

I hope the recovery continues smoothly for both of you!! And on a completely minor thing - your hair is gorgeous. :)

KariAnn said...

Love the self portraits. We hope all is going well with Jay. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you and wish we could have been on that ski slope at Park City with you!

Sarah said...

It was fun to see you! I think you used one of the more cheesy smiles I had:) Hope Jay recovers quickly!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy gretchen said...

I'm glad it was a little break for the both of you before Jay's big surgery. I hope he is doing well and that he will be back to normal soon.

it was good to see you.

Elizabeth said...

Hope everything went well!!

[alisar] said...

I know you're busy, but we're all dying for an update. I'm sure Jay just hates that everyone wants to know all the details about his guts. I just hope you get to go back to the carefree gluten-free days of yesteryear.