Sunday, June 29, 2008

Landed

I live here. For real. Probably forever. Wow.

I won't even refer to the chaos and feelings of despair that moving creates for me (well, I guess I just did), so I think it'd be better for all of us to simply pretend that last week didn't happen. My hips and thighs are really wishing last week didn't happen as I still turn to food to cope with stress. But, now I've landed, and there are trails a plenty and hills to climb and I think I'm going to like it here. I'm going to really, really like it here.

It is beee-uuuuu-ti-ful! Everytime I look out a window, my heart does a little flutter of joy. I am a mountain girl and I feel home all around me.

Now, I just need to find a home for our gajillion things, stay on top of the laundry and dishes while doing so, and try and enjoy the rest of summer.

I'm normally not a fan of any type of frou frou, but I actually enjoy this little window in the small alcove off the master bedroom. We set up the desk and computer underneath it, so now you can imagine where I am every time I blog. Isn't that fun?

can you see all the pine trees behind the stained glass? Paradise.

18 comments:

Kelly said...

Lookit you! Welcome Home!

I'm glad you are in and you have your tiny window of joy! Enjoy your mountains and pine trees, and unpacking to stay for a long, long time. You made it!

Tara said...

I'm glad to know you made it and that you're loving your surroundings.

I feel, as you do, in awe of my scenery everytime I drive anywhere or spend any time outdoors. It's great to live in a beautiful place.

[alisar] said...

Audible Exhale... So glad you made it! Will be waiting for more details!

andrea said...

I can't believe you guys are finally home. You sound so happy. Give our love to everyone.

Emily said...

I'm so jealous of your mountains! Who would have thought I would have landed in the prairies.
Glad you are getting settled...I really want more pics of your place and land! I don't have your cell # so email me if you'd like a call--

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you landed! Have fun settling in.

Anonymous said...

Wooo- you made it! I have been checking to see how things are going. I have to admit a little envy because I am SO a mountain girl and can just imagine what you get to enjoy everyday! Ease in and ride out the summer- you are home!

Jen Childers said...

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I hope to talk to you tomorrow. I'm glad you guys made it and are feeling "at home". Love ya!

Libby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Sorensen said...

Yay! I'm so glad you made it all in one piece are are starting to settle in. I'm guessing it will take awhile to discover your new normal...I hope you're feeling "at home" quickly!

melanie said...

Wow, where you are always going to be. How exciting to put down roots. The roots that are going to stay. Good luck staying on top of the gajillion things. Mostly have fun for the next 6 weeks of summer!

BAK said...

I am so glad you all made it. And what a pretty place to blog! Good luck starting your new life.

Unknown said...

woo hoo! here's to finding a place for everything.

(and now i have ben folds five stuck in my head. could be worse...)

settle in, already!

{krista} said...

I hope there are lots more pics of the new area!!! WElcome home!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you lucky girl! Now send us all your "finish the terminal degree and get to work" type pixie dust. I want it bad! But I'm so happy for you!

Jill said...

Welcome to your new home! I want to see lots of photos of the house and your surroundings. How exciting!

Lisa said...

I am glad you guys are getting settled. I love the window!

jenny said...

i am so happy to hear that you are feeling at home I was beginning to be concerned from your previous posts. Love the window. Now I can not only read what you are doing but have a visual as well :)