Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Big Day

Today was it! Jay took his test in Kentucky and is on his way home! He's not especially known for his stellar phone skills, so he didn't really talk about the test. It was too soon afterwards and too raw. But, anyway you look at it, it...is....OVER! Yee-haw!

However, he is now experiencing trouble getting home. I guess there is some nasty wind in Denver, where he connects, so his flight is late getting to Louisville, and will be late leaving, meaning he might not make his connection in Denver which is the last flight of the day back home. I so, so, so hope he doesn't have to stay the night in the airport. His brother lives in Denver, so if he does, I'm sure he'd call them. It's on Frontier, which was the airline we flew when we went to Texas last year and ended up having to fly to Cincinnati to catch a plane to Portland to rent a car to get to Seattle to pick up our kids who were being watched by Jon and Tara. We swore never again, but we are still suckers for any kind of deal. Darn you, Frontier and your low prices!

I pray he gets home safely. I can't wait for this new exciting, no-big-upcoming-oral-exam existence that we are about to discover.

And, I found this on my doorstep when I returned home from errands today.

How delightful!

Have you ever seen something so refreshingly pretty and healthy? Kelly, Kelly, Kelly....thank you. You are some kind of wonderful.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a relief Lucy! Wanna share that fruit? Looks tasty!!

jenny said...

I am so glad it's over and REALLY hope he gets home. I know that the Denver airport isn't very convienent to get to.

How sweet of Kelly. Delicious is right!

Kelly said...

On your doorstep? It's fresh fruit and summer! What were they thinking?

It's a big gluten free congratulations for the whole family so don't eat it up before Jay gets home. ;)

andrea said...

Hooray for Jay and you that the boards are over. I hope Jay gets home tonight but if he doesn't hopefully you'll get a free ticket!

Nice edible fruit boquet. It looks yummy, but too pretty to eat.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all relief! Just wrote an email to you.

Tara said...

What a great weight lifted! Hope Jay gets home alright.

LOVE the fruit basket!

Lucy said...

Just be glad you didn't send a big ol' chocolate bouquet! I wouldn't have taken a picture of it and no one would have been the wiser! You're so sneaky to make sure Jay gets some of the kudos!

They did call me to see if they could leave it. I was at Seth's school and was going to be home in a half hour. And it was only in the 50s today. Don't want them to feel the wrath of Kelly!

Jay is now on his way home! Only three hours late:(

Elizabeth said...

Glad he is getting home. What a lovely surprise form Kelly.

Emmanuelle said...

I am glad Jay is getting home. This fruits's composition seem as delicious as lovely.
Thank a lot for your kind comment on my blog. It's so great to make new friends.

Jonathan said...

Nice work Jay. Now take a well deserved break for 2 mintues. Then get back to work!

donna said...

!Wow that is great that he took his test and he is on his way home.



Wow a wonderful fruit yummy

Bridget said...

I bet you are so glad that is over. Jim takes his oral boards for his spine surgery fellowship in July. Then he will be all done with testing. Yeah!! Tell Jay congrats!

The fruit basket looks great!

The winds in the midwest are horrible right now. I would not want to be in a small plane. It is supposed to calm down soon though.

Have a great weekend!

Lara said...

Did Jay make it home yet? I bet life doesn't seem quite real at the moment. I am so glad the pressure is off.

Kari said...

Yes, it was WINDY here on Wed. & Thurs. both. Sorry it kept your honey delayed. I hope he made it home safe and sound!!

And congrats on that big test being finished!!! Wooo Hooo - Partay!!!

And that was awfully nice of Kelly!! Looks yummo!