I never blog at night because Jay usually needs the computer but he's gone right now helping someone move so I'm going to bustamove and jot down a few thoughts.
Thanks for all of the well wishes yesterday. While we had great tributes to each other on our blogs, the actual day was very anticlimatic. He had to be at the hospital by 7:00 am and didn't come home until 7:30 pm. He's doing neuroradiology this month and just gets slammed around 4:00 pm with head CTs and MRIs which, I guess, take a long time to read and dictate.
Anyhow, I went ahead and made visiting teaching appointments for last night because I knew he had a big presentation on Thursday that he was going to have to work on anyway. When he wasn't home at 6:00, I called the three ladies I visit teach and my companion to tell them that I'd be late but I didn't know how late. When Jay came home, we kissed, exchanged gifts and then I left. Jay bought me my first pair of diamond earrings and he got a garmin gps running/outdoors watch that he's been wanting. I really didn't want to go but it was the only night I could go for the rest of the month and I knew that each of the women I visit needed a friend, and the acknowledgement of a home visit. By the time I got to our first lady's home at 7:45, I told my companion, "let's just drop these goodies off, say hi and leave pretty quickly." But once inside, we could tell that she needed to talk so that's what we did. We left her house about 45 minutes later and went sheepishly onto our last home (one lady thankfully told us on the phone that we could reschedule). Again, this lady wanted to talk and I didn't get home until 10:30 at night. I was tired but Jay was exhausted. He'd been looking at radiology stuff for 16 hours and he was worn out. Pretty romantic evening.
Today has been a bit chaotic. I had a great start. I threw in a load of laundry, fixed the boys pancakes and cleaned the kitchen (including mopping my floors). My friend, Alisa, dropped her two children off at 9:00 and Seth and Sam merrily played with them for an hour until then we all walked to another boys' house for a clay party at 10:00. Everyone had a blast and this mom was a star for having such an ambitious play date right before Christmas.
After their clay making, she fed them lunch and then let them make Christmas trees by using green frosting on an upside down ice cream cone with m&m's, candy canes, gum drops and chocolate chips for decorations. As soon as they were done, they ate them! Seth and his friend, Caleb started chanting that they wanted to continue to play together but Hank's mom (whose house we were at) suggested they just stay longer and play there. I couldn't believe she would want that and after a lot of "are you sure?s" I left him there. Alisa said she'd bring him back when she picked Caleb up which she did about an hour and a half later.
I have been trying all day to finish getting our Christmas cards ready to send out and it just takes forever! I don't know why. The letter was typed. The addresses ready to print out on labels and the pictures in a pile. I'm still not done. Andrea came over to pick up her Christmas gift and her daughter Emma and Seth started chanting that they wanted to play together. I told Andrea she could leave Emma and it seemed everyone else wanted to stay too. Anna eventually was the only other one that stayed (Jack and Lily wanted to work on their gingerbread train) and I took them back home at 4:30. Then I drove to the optical shop to get Sam's glasses fixed (the new lens came in) and to the library to pick up the books I had requested. I called Jay to see what time he'd be home but he was already home! So, I picked up some Mexican food for dinner and he ate and left to go help some people he used to home teach move. I thought I'd write a quick blog but at 7:00 (right after I wrote the first paragraph) my visiting teacher came. I had forgotten she was coming and you should see my house. That clean floor and kitchen? Not so much. And after a day of having kids here, the rest of the house isn't looking so hot either. But my kids were in bed until Kariann rang the doorbell at 7:05 and dropped her three kids off while she went caroling with the Young Women. Her husband was also moving the same people and it is so much harder to carol with kids so I told her if she needed me, to just drop the kids off. So, Seth and Sam got a happy surprise when their three buddies went into their bedroom and turned on the light.
That's what's happening right now. Kariann will be here any minute and Jay will be home and needing the computer for his radpath presentation tomorrow. I should clean but I need to finish these cards and I'm tired!
This sign that I got for KariAnn and Andrea is perfect. I know some of you don't live by its motto (Jen and Jenny!) but its my mantra. There is just no point.






3 comments:
You know it's my mantra. You couldn't have picked a more perfect day to give me that sign. You seriously must have been inspired. I will blog about it tomorrow.
I SO NEED that sign in my house. Maybe it would clue me in and get a grip on life!
Way to go visiting teaching. I NEVER go at night. I guess if I don't go during the day forget it otherwise.
Sorry to hear about your anticlimatic anniversary. After reading Dan's Christmas card--I told Doug so not fair!! (going to Paris, etc.) I fear ours will be that way next week since he will be getting home late too. I did get a babysitter so we shall see.
Great sign!! I LOVED your anniversary blog! All these romantic blogs...so fun to read. Happy Anniversary!!
Post a Comment